1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone else find this shocking?

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA29, Jun 5, 2002.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

what did i say about athority and incompetence earlier?!?!?:D

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

*sigh*

eom

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Laurie, how would you like to read something on RRW about Lee riding wheelies all over the place, running from security guards and nearly knocking them over, acting like a complete and total fool, then acting up some more just to piss off the guards (as Desiree put it) ? Better yet, how would Arclight like to see that in print for the whole world to read? :eek:

Like I said, I'm all for having the time of my life, but my whole point was that when people do what Hopper and Desiree did it's no wonder that security guards act the way they do. After reading that article I have to say I've lost all respect for Hopper and his tag along woman.

If I read a story like that about Lee I would be totally disappointed because I know he has more respect for authority than that. ;)

And Brad, I didn't make this out to be drama thing about Zemke, I simply used the 2 examples to show why security guards act the way they do. The way I see it Hopper is part of the problem and if he ever whines about a security guard treating him like shit, I'll be the first in line to tell him it's his own fault for the way he's acting. :p

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

does anyone find this shocking?

that is the title of your thread. you sir, are a drama queen.:p

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

sounds like honda is really punishing jake for his "shocking" behaviour eh t o m?!?!?! ;)

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Hmmm, interesting. Shows a little agressive riding(or driving) by hitting someone trying to their job then the next week news comes out that he will be riding Kurtass Roberts' bike. :rolleyes:

Or you could say he's in trouble and have to work twice as long over the weekend as a result. :p

8. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

Please don't say anything bad about my hero John Hopkins, he's the next Kevin Schwantz, just wait and see. Anyway, he'll be our next world champ 'cause he's an American!!!

9. Rich Around

Big 10-4 and Roger on that one :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the problem with this one is that Lee would never do it. However Hopper would, hence not shocking. I can list a number of other riders who would do the same thing (and yes, I've had to yell at most of them about it at one point or another). I can also list a number that would never do such a thing. If Lee did somehting like that I'd be shocked. If Hopper does it no shock - dissapointment, yes. The feeling that he needs to be talked to and have it expalined why you shouldn't be proud of that type of behavior, yes. The belief that JU shouldn't help aggrandize it by publishing it, yes. A bit of pity that no one ever showed Hopper how to behave properly (or at least how to be a bit more subtle when screwing around), yes. But shock, no.

I think that this would be a good time for JU as mentor and Peter Clifford as boss to have a talk with young Hopper about proper decorum as a GP racer and celebrity. He's got everything going for him right now and has a bright future ahead of him but wihtout leaning some self restraint in his actions it can all go to hell in a handcart really quick. Of course his biggest problem with authority is being born and raised in Kalifornia, land of OJ, Rodney King and the CARB regulations.... ;)

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLMMFAO! :D

Oy the slaying :) That one brought tears to my eyes and funny looks form my wife...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: *sigh*

C'mon, don't give up so soon! I'm still working off the extra caffeine from this morning :)

13. Rich Around

I'm already looking forward to the 2004 Supersport season 'cause my big hero John Hopkins will be back racin' here in the good ole US by then, and I don't have to travel to the backwards and dirty Europe to see him race. HeeHaw.

14. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Re: does anyone find this shocking?

Alrighty then fartknocker, keep on yankin that chain. ;)

My hero Mongo agrees with me and that's all that counts. :p :D

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

oh yeah?

well he gave me a ROTFLMMAORTFFMALAOUTFAMAAOO!!;)

16. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Pretty cheap shot taken at a couple of naive kids just out having fun and enjoying life.

I would have expected better.

17. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

T.O.M. (that still cracks me up!) to answer your question:

JU publishing it on the website does not shock me b/c he publishes everything. He may have good intentions for publishing it to teach young Hopper a lesson about his conduct. I don't know. Who cares? It's not up to me to judge why JU publishes the stuff he does. I enjoyed it. I'm glad it was on there. I hope more is on the way.

If JU prints something stupid Lee does then that's on Lee not JU.

:)

18. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Now that was funny.:D

19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm a teenager getting paid damn good money to ride a bike in Europe with a hot assed chic on my arm. JU would have more to write about than a couple of wheelies that's for damn sure. Sure the behaviour is childish, but I don't find it shocking. I can think of worse sh!t he could be doing.....

BTW- Every once in a while Brad makes me spit coffee all over my keyboard. I'm LMAO at the 'drama queen' remark....
    Perhaps a little 'Misty Fresh' will make you feel better T0M? :D :p :D

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hey bucky, did you see that guy on here who copied your avatar?:eek: