1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anybody see the TWT with dunlop

Discussion in 'General' started by Bobby Hilliard, Dec 16, 2003.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

ROTFLMAO! I told him something very similar just a couple of days ago.:D :D :D The guy takes massive punches and keeps coming back for more convinced he is winning the fight. It's a good strategy. It won the Rocky the heavyweight world championship.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

I had to clean it up a little for all the lovely ladies on the BBS......;)

3. J.D. Ulrich

J.D. Ulrich Well-Known Member

No, no, man. It's more like, "WHERE THE F--K IS THAT F--KING STORY YOU F--KING LAZY-AZZ MOTHERF--KING PUNK?":D

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm waiting for a RRW article to end with "Fo shizzle!". :p

5. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

That's more like it...

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Papa, shut up. :D

I had a vaild point, I just lost it as soon as I started typing...:D

7. Chip

Chip Registered

Ahhhhh, I see you subscribe to the chip@ronayers school of management.......:beer:

I'll give you a tip........Throw bottle caps at them. You know the plastic ones that come on soft drink bottles. You wing two or three of those at them with the "high heat" they will get moving. Not enough damage to cause a law suite, but just enough to get there attention......:cool:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, that style of management works for you. . . you get the story.

When I use that style, I get to go to the principles office and told that I'm being mean to my crew. What a bunch of P@ssies. :D

No justice in the world!!!! :D

9. J.D. Ulrich

Laurie's sure got my number...:D

10. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Ohh I see how the game is played. Agree with you and I can be a cool guy. Agree with JU and I'm his pit bitch. Yeah I read the discussion and I was actually thinking the same thing about you. So yes, I tend to put more credence (as far as this topic is concerned) in the opinion of a man who :

1.) Owns a race team
    2.) Has won national championships
    3.) Has been in the pits at a GP race
    4.) Has more experience with racing in general then you hope to acquire in a lifetime
    5.) And basically has his ear to the proverbial ground with industry insiders when it comes to matters of racing on two wheels.

You, on the other hand, are just some guy on the web with an opinion and a keyboard and not enough grey matter in between the ears to know when to sit back and read instead of spouting out nonsensical drivel.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

So it begins........again........:rolleyes:

12. J.D. Ulrich

Ah, Dutch, don't pick on the guy...hasn't he had enough for one day?:D

13. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Yes sir, Mr Pit Bitch Pimp Daddy, sir! :D

14. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Sorry. I was bored. Waiting on Haga to post a report card to fan the flames some more. ;)

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

So what is the solution to the tire problem?

If you ban Dunlop won't you effectively ban the Daytona 200 and probably most of the support races also? Can you name a tire manufacturer who can step up to supply hundreds of new customers at Daytona in less than 11 weeks? Probably not.

Even if another tire manufacturer could step up the huge problems with contracts and sponsorship would be a hornets nest.

Also, even the bravest Dunlop-hating souls would have to think twice about running anything other than Michelins in the 200 given the lack of testing by Pirelli, et al. And has Michelin done enough testing to make safe tires available for the entire field of the 200? Hmmm. . . a 200 lb. rider on a 185 HP 1000 cc supersport bike running on ANY tire? I would not want to be that guinea pig.

So. . . do you (the AMA) run Daytona as is and hope for the best? Do you slow the speeds on the banking via use of chicanes? Do you eliminate the banking and use the apron, perhaps with a chicane? Do you shorten the length of the races (the 200 is at least 100 miles too long anyhow in this age of attention deficiet disordered TV addicts)?

Maybe you should just put off Daytona this year. I'm not kidding. I don't want to see any more deaths on the track and I'm getting a real bad feeling about this year.

Rodger

16. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

To make matters worse, I grew up in NY. :D

I'm just sore and miserable with all this snow and ice we have.

17. Chip

Chip Registered

Or Dunlop could fix there problem, even if that means coming to the track with a uncompetitive tire......:Poke:

18. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I can't believe the thread stayed around long enough to come back to the original topic. :clap: :beer:

My Bridgestone's rock! :D

19. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

uncompetitive with whom, the Ducati? As much as I'd love to see EBos do great, reliability seems to be a factory with that machine

20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

That would be the best solution - the fixing part, not the uncompetitive part. But given that Jim Allen has said that this would be a good time to retire. . . (no pun intended). . . I'm not optimistic.

Rodger