1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dianese P. Estiva suit: Hotter than blazes!

Discussion in 'General' started by IL8APEX, Aug 26, 2015.

1. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

STG hooked me up with a sweet deal on a Dianese Laguna Seca Eva P. Estiva suit at the end of last year. I hadn't warn it until recently, when it was damn hot out, and I was surprised when it was hot. Damn hot. Seriously, my 10 year old Shift SuperMoto suit ventilates better. Both suits are black in color.

What gives? I thought the Estiva was their summer suit, and supposed to be mega-ventilated? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

My only comparison is with said Dinosaur of a SuMo suit and my other suit, a 6 year old Alpinestars SP-1 Perf. The A* feels positively invisible compared to the new suit. Weird.

-Tom

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Before I even looked it up I guessed it had the itty bitty tiny holes instead of the larger diameter perf which flows much better in my experience. And makes a stronger suit, again just my opinion. Not a fan of the door screen perf designs.

3. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

perfing

we've been adding larger perfs to several of those suit. bill and darethea

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

You're supposed to take it out of the plastic bag before you put it on.

5. IL8APEX

D'oh!

Seriously, I even looked for the winter liner so I could zip it out. It wasn't there.

-T

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

older suit was dried out making the perf holes bigger?

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Should have bought the white version of the suit to reflect some of the heat? I have this same suit in White and I don't find to be uncomfortable. Could just come down to a difference of what we each find to be too hot.

8. That makes a huge difference.

An AMA rider told me about some testing they did years ago and they put the temperature patches on his skin in various places and then wore different suits. The skin temperature while wearing the white suit was something like 12 degrees cooler.

9. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Tom. Did you wear thermal underwear? I have worn Dainese since 2012 and have never felt over heated except for sitting still which I'd say is fairly certain to happen. How hot is damn hot by the way? Even going from white to black last year didnt really seem to add much extra perceived discomfort, maybe it's just me.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've always wondered about that. I thought it might make a little difference, I'm surprised it's that much. Thanks for the info.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The End.

12. IL8APEX

Phil- Damn Hot was about 85-90 degrees ambient at 90% humidity, direct sunlight. I always wear Nike Pro Combat or Under Armor Heat Gear, either of which you can pretty much see through. Don't go looking into my trailer if you're not ready for what you might see!

Ben/Chris/Great- Both could be factors. Going to look at white again for the next suit. Or maybe silver reflective, like a space blanket!

-T

13. For sure.

I got one black D-Air and one white one and I will rotate them depending on the weather. I can notice a good difference between the black and the white, especially when sitting still.

14. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

trash. :tut:

15. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

+100,I have white suit already and another white one on order!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  16. phelan77

phelan77 Well-Known Member

The revit tarmac was the best perf suit I ever had...you can literally feel the wind blowing...

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:crackup:

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to buy it in white from STG since its on closeout but not venting well is a concern. I should've gotten the Astars Atem suit in white when it was in stock:Poke:

19. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

I have to agree here, after trying quite a few under suits I have realized that the "sports wear" is crap under leather. Purpose built items make a big, big difference even with a black suit; especially when it is humid.

I switched to VNM gear a few years ago after going through the range of under suits and haven't looked back. Under Armour just does not do the job :/

White will be cooler but a better under suit will help tremendously.

20. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

I can vouch for this