1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dept. of Energy win.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

'Boon' would be a different meaning (as 'gift from one in authority') than the one I meant, but... it works, too.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yeah, you could be right. Hard to say and I don't really trust any of the sources.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep

Wabbit season

4. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

"Aw, gee, Fellas. I hawen't got aww day..."

"Why don't you take him home and shoot him?"

"Yeah, why don't you take me home and shoot me?" *jumps in Elmer's arms* "He's going to take me home and shoot me."

5. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Sooooo, mount one of these on the front of the van and hope Mr. Policeman aims at the mirror and I'll get fewer tickets?

6. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Not as long as we keep driving old cars it won't

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That would be a huge boon for the fuel infrastructure industry

Or,
    That would be a huge boom in the fuel infrastructure industry

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ah yes, Texas City all over again...

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I wouldn't get too excited thinking this will transform the world in 15 years.
    Digging clean wells is still considered modern technology in vast areas of the planet.
    Not to mention that the US government will be involved.

Where are those flying cars they promised us back in the 60's?

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Shit man, you give me a fusion powered car guess where my Xterra is going? :D

11. In Your Corner

Speaking of which, I was just reading about the boom in Buy Here/Pay Here car dealers making mega-profits screwing poor people who can't get loans, which was given a helping hand by our government buying-up and destroying hundreds of thousands of perfectly usable older cars.
    But at least they off-set the pollution produced in a few days by a power plant in China.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Let's not forget it was funded by environmental cleanup money that had been budgeted for a major DoE job.

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Some slogans never go away. I remember when I was a kid we would come to Fort Worth from my home town (150 miles one way) to buy used cars. All the used car lots on the Jacksboro highway had signs that read, "We tote the note". The strange thing is that those signs are still up and brightly painted.

14. In Your Corner

According to the articles I read, the profit margins on these cars are in the 40% range. 25% of the vehicles are repossessed and are often resold at a higher price than the last buyer was paying.

Here's one article.