1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decision making at the top

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

2. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

The article states it right in there, decision making process is slowed down by the bloat of staff officers.....John has to talk to Pete who has to confer with Billy who brings Joe into the mix who briefs Don who presents to Brian just to make a simple decision. You see this on all levels of government and other local and state agencies....in New York State, the Dept of Corrections administrative staff outnumbers the actual working prison guards 2:1...was never that way until admin staff started retiring and new people came in to fill in the jobs and said whoa i can't do the work Tony use to do...I can only concentrate on writing medical policy, you need to hire someone else to work on training people on the medical policy.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One of the issues that I struggle with is trying to decide how much the President affects the decisions coming down from the Military honchos. We know in the past he has fired some of the Pentagon heads for not toeing the line that he has set down. How many suggestions does Obama throw out by deciding that he's smarter than the military leaders? His apparent approach all along has been to place politics ahead of any military answers to the issues we face. Is all the blame to be placed on the bloated Pentagon only or does the President also own some of the problems?

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He is the CIC, everything runs downhill from him.
    He is responsible for all military decisions.

5. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

The President shoulders some of the blame as he names the Secretary of Defense and that person has a lot of influence on who is on the Joint chief of staffs I would think

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

The Prez sets policy. They don't give those shiny stars out for rocking the boat.