1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death to bikes thieves!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Big T, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of you know Tom Young of Competition Motors in Portland, OR. Besides doing trackside services and running PSSR, Tom collects bikes. He had a burglary at his shop and posted this locally:

Hi Everybody,
    Seems as though collecting real cool sport bikes is attractive to great people and dirt bag losers.
    i just experienced a big theft.

so if you see or hear of the following:

1990 RC30 900 miles original cond.
    1992 ZX7R “
    1986 GSXR750LTD. “
    2001 MHe. “
    1999 Bimota DB4 300 miles.
    1976 Triumph T120R black/gold
    1966. “ TR6R. flat tracker black tank, red strips.
    and related parts.

contact me 503-320-247five, compmotors@gmail
    or 911
    or Det. Jason Harris PPD 503-793-928nine

Most of these bikes are rare enough to be hard to sell. So, please repost elsewhere, share on social media, check on CL, whatever it takes

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Damn that sucks

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

All of them totally would be bikes that typical bike thiefs couldn't even turn over for parts very easily. I wonder if they even knew what they were stealing, or perhaps an inside job and they knew exactly what they were stealing.

Ducti89 and BigBird like this.
  4. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

There are some names named, but I left them out

I think the bikes were targeted, Tom probably has the shop full

5. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Wow I can’t stand a thief. I check on my bikes everyday after work. Even in storage I just don’t feel they are safe.

BigBird likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He's never going to be able to sell that RC30 (amongst others) without someone noticing. Good luck with the insurance.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I don’t know if it is a thing with bikes but might end up outside of the US.

8. Either they had no idea what they took or were very specific in what they took, unfortunately I’d bet it’s the latter of the two.

pscook likes this.
  9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I think the latter.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

That's awful... If they were Ming vases or something like that I would say "well, they're insured". But cool bikes... That hurts.

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

These scum of the earth thieves don’t care if it’s a Collectable piece whatsoever, they will part out the bike piece by piece very cheap. All that matters to them is there next fix for the day. If it takes a rc45 set of heads to get it then so be it. I can’t stand worrying about my bike all of the time. Even right now I’m in the middle of a van/enclosed trailer purchase just so I can tow my bikes to the dragon and feel like it’s a bit safer in the trailer rather than parked outside a motel. I’d prefer to ride the whole trip but can’t sleep with my baby sitting out in a lot waiting to be taken. Keeping it dry is a bonus as well I suppose.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Take it inside.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

And get some insurance.

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

This sucks. What a collection.

I hope those fuckers get caught.

He should reach out to collectors in all major cities around the world.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

To let them know these bikes might be on the market?

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow that's horrible!!!! I've had a lot of stuff stolen where I am in long beach, but at least it was only tools, generators, and work vans.

This is so much worse, it's family.

18. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Well, some good news

The RC 30 and the GXSR were recovered and the Bimota has been spotted on the road. No details on the recovery

19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they were recovered. Sounds like the idiots have no idea what thry took if they are out riding them around.

Reminds me of a story from college, a local police officer rode a ZX6R with us and had a very unique brand of pipe on it. Bike was stolen and several weeks later I spotted it. Rode up, called my buddy who was working just around the corner, and stalled the guy talking to him about riding and his bike etc until about 3 officers all swarmed us busting the bike thief. It was glorious watching him cry for his momma while in handcuffs on the ground. LOL

TX Joose likes this.