1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealer Mode On '06 Gsxr600 - Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by grich575, Sep 2, 2006.

1. grich575

grich575 Well-Known Member

I have the '06 GSXR600 and I have a FI light issue. I put on a Micron exhaust and pulled the wire that triggers the FI light for the exhaust valve BUT I still have a FI light and the bike doesn't want to run. It would start but would only run for a couple of seconds and then shut off. If I gave it gas it would run but now it doesn't even start. I need to know what code the FI light is telling me but I don't know how to get it in dealer mode. I can't find the little white plug with the two wires that go nowhere like on the other GSXR's I have had and seen. PLEASE HELP!!! I need pretty explicit instructions as the bike was wrecked in the rear and I don't know what it may be missing. Thank in advance!!!

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

on the very back of the subframe, back and top, theres a sensor with 3 wires going to it, it says UP on the top, its mounted TO the subframe, is that there? It looks like a tipover switch to me, and i noticed when i took it off and turned it sideways, the FI came on. Not sure if thats it or not, but this is a brand new GSXR we're working on, so all the parts are still in place (for now)

3. grich575

I got the code and it is C23 - the tip over switch. I don't know where this is on the bike but I need to get it turned the correct way. I tried messing with one of the sensors in the rear but it did nothing. I will look for the one with "up: written on it.

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

there is the one i mentioned above, and theres another one in the battery box tucked in with the ECU. It has UP on it as well. Look for both of them and make sure theyre in the correct position.

5. grich575

I FOUND IT!!! It is the little black box at the end of the tail light wiring harness. It is mounted sideways when attached to the bike normally. Mine doesn't say "up" on it but when I put it in the position it is supposed to be it removes the FI light. Thanks for the help!!! The internet is GREAT!!!!