1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona,AHRMA,WERA

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Mar 12, 2002.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Did my first daytona this year, it was a blast. i broke my 250 before the race and the 500 had a high speed miss so i was relgated to spectator status mon and most of tues. also raced at savannha on fri, ran off the dam track in turn nine. from the grids posted, both events were down on entries. i had wondered about that with all the crap since september.
    but that does make me think about the two organizations. i know one reason the class structures had changed was to align them more with ahrma to encourage more crossover racing. i joined ahrma this year and raced at daytona as alot of wera regulars do. theres not much difference to me in the way the two organizations operate, all good people who like the same thing..racing old bikes. even the wera director races at daytona, and jack turner has been very helpful to me so far. since there is already some riders that race both org what are the chances that we could have selected events that award points like we do with uscra? any opinions?

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I'd like to encourage more crossover entries, but I think the rules are still too different to award crossover points. Actually, when I'm doing one of the series for a championship, I want to be able to enter in the other w/o points pressure so I can experiment and learn. Make sense?

3. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

get an SV. no crossover problems, reliability, and you get to look at all those cool bikes in the pits... [​IMG]

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Four strokes suck. See other thread. [​IMG]