1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

daytona 675 help from my wera peeps!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by darkside879, Dec 21, 2012.

1. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

Ok i have a 2007 675 and im about to swap the factory clip-on's for woodcraft. My question is during this process i removed the horn,headlight and turn-signal switch assembly from the left side and the bike will not run without it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the switch that plugs into the clutch perch but not sure how to get around this. Thanks in advance for all the help!!:D

2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I don't know, but call Augusta Triumph 7066509995 and ask for Mike. He can tell ya all you wanna know.

3. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Apexmfg.com has a ton of these bikes and builds them for customers give them a call I'm sure they can get you running. If all else fails put the stuff you took off back on and remove one at a time to find out which is the problem.

4. notguilty411

notguilty411 Well-Known Member

I removed all that stuff from my 06, I had to jump some wires somewhere but can't remember off hand which ones. I found a write up on triumph675.net on what to do so try searching there. Let me know if you can't figure it out and I can take a look at my bike later today.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just leave it on....or go with a kit ecu.

6. darkside879

I will give them a try!! Hopefully they can get me going!! Had to take it in today and get the regulator rectifier replaced under the recall. Charging back at 14volts now!! Thanks to all that chimmed in!:up: Have a blessed Christmas!!

7. hrc_nick_11

8. hrc_nick_11

If you don't have them yet, don't forget the tank guards. You don't want all your hard work to burn up.

9. darkside879

10. casacrow

casacrow Member

I'm not remembering in great detail, but when I chopped my harness, the headlight circuit also powered something critical to the engine running.

11. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, just put the clutch switch back on. Most riders do the same if they don't have the kit harness/ecu. Doesn't weigh much. I think u may had to drill a tiny hole to keep it from spinning.

Tank sliders on the 675 Are only cosmetic. Seen (and made) a few smashed 675 tanks, and never seen one that ruptured. Just built better the the r6 tanks I guess .

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

CF bling. Can't go wrong with that! :)

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

That was painful to read. They didn't even touch the thing that matters most, suspension.

14. casacrow

casacrow Member

Is the clutch switch needed on an 07? I thought clutch switch started having input on maps on 09 model?

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Just jump the Black / Black Orange wires that used to run to the clutch lever.

Even with out the wires jumped, your bike should start in neutral unless you did something else you're not telling us about.

16. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I remember pulling the headlight fuse also killed the starter circuit. Really annoying for the track day guys.

17. darkside879

That's what I needed to know! Thanks! Yes it is an 07 and the bike will not run at all with the clutch switch removed from the perch and unplugged. I can see the two wires you are talking about so it's about to be done. Been working on my R6 as well. Just boring maintenance stuff! :D

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I disagree on the tank sliders, there's no way I would put one on the track without them... Ours have seen too much track time for them not to be needed.

19. hrc_nick_11

They build to order for the customer, the customer got what he asked for and was happy. Maybe he was happy with the stock Ohlins it comes with.

20. hrc_nick_11

Yeah it only takes once and then you have people in danger putting out the flames, upset track owners and lots of times a unrepairable bike.