1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 500

Discussion in 'General' started by hamlet1316, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Well-Known Member

like it or not NASCAR is the
    GREAT AMERICAN RACE!!!
    not motorcycles not F1 Indy used to be but I guess since there are no american made cars they kind of lost that title. As far as driving goes, just about every driver out there started from go carts and moved there way up through the ranks of other racing organizations and now they have the life that MOST racing fans, and drivers (or riders) would love to have (as far as a job)... So you dont have to like it but if you are a TRUE race fan of any sport you have to atleast RESPECT IT. [​IMG]

2. hamlet1316

hamlet1316 Well-Known Member

I DO respect the drivers. I already said that.
    By the way, most NASCAR drivers don't come from carts.
    Indy lost some of its luster when the IRL and CART split and the quality of drivers/teams diminished a bit. There hasn't been an American chassis of note at Indy in a long time. Many of the top CART drivers and some teams (Penske) will run in the Indy 500 this year.
    Boy, and people say that I don't know what I'm talking about....

3. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Well-Known Member

i said GO CARTS you know... back yard to dirt track, throw in a road course here and there and with a little luck and some hard work and determination you move up in the ladder.

[This message has been edited by Squirrelly (edited 02-14-2002).]

4. OWEN L. REID

OWEN L. REID Well-Known Member

An absolute classic comment.

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Well me thinks that if he were alive in that box, he'd of figured out some way to get out of it, win one of the 125's, and he'd be sitting on the pole, again, for the Daytona 500. Then he would whoop your arse! [​IMG]

6. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Believe me, I'm not throwing stones at guys like that, I know that they're still waaaayy quick. They kind of prove my point though, fast as they are they're not quite in the Hayden-Gobert-Mladin class, i.e. not competitive at the highest levels