1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

damper ?

Discussion in 'General' started by dwheeler, Jul 18, 2002.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That sucks, good to know though. :(

I just wish I could hold up as good as the S&C I have. ;)

2. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

FYI- The S&C dampers ARE Daytona dampers, and you know the old saying about getting what you pay for?

If you want top o' the line (ie: Ohlins, Scotts) then you are going to pay for it.

3. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

now caote, are you talking about the stock damper you had on your tl, you know, the bike that you tankslapped for a mile and half at 120mph before being spit off into the trees, or are you talking about the very same stock suzuki damper that you still have on your gxsr?

you see where i'm goin with this one, buddy?

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Hell, a mile and a half, without that damper he may have only lasted a half mile... that's not a bad damper. :D :p

5. BAMA

BAMA Well-Known Member

hey catoe, i'll buy one too. maybe that will keep me from highsiding in the pits at Road A. :p
    Wait, I don't think I told yall. Nevermind, I didn't really wreck, i mean, I didn't really fly over my ttr onto the pavement. :eek:

6. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I missed that one misty,

er - a highside? how did you manage that one? Any damage (to you), what about the blue machine?

by the way, I'm going to get a pit bike for Brenda to scoot around on. She want a quad like Jens, but I want her to get a scooter like Brandi (easier to fit in the trailer).
    Does anyone know of a cheap source of scooters out there?

7. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

what about a sprint damper from Max? anyone use them?

8. Sammy#368

Sammy#368 Well-Known Member

Hey, it's your money. Why not waste it on p.o.s. dampers. He will see the light when he bends a couple and has to buy new. Oh yeah, I think that the pro's might be using the ones that they get for free. Who cares if they bend them. They can just grab a new one and put it on.
    You'll find out how difficult it is to get as much turning radius as possible. Why even bother with that junk.
    I love spending time simply drilling holes on this bracket, moving this bracket to line up with that one, and whoops that doesn't work because it's hitting the fairing, let me try this, nope... now it's hitting the fork tube. Let me flip this bracket over, shit that doesn't work either. One more try. Oh.. here we go now. Oh well who needs to turn the bars from lock to lock, that's overrated.
    Oh yeah when you go down and bend one little part of the mounting assembly, guess what? You get to buy the whole damn thing. Why? Cause they don't sell parts.
    Scott's will sell you every little piece by piece if you want. They are made with a tiny rod that will sheer if the force it receives is too great.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I've got a crazy idea... buy one that fits your bike then follow the instructions on how to install it. :rolleyes:

Yeah the factory boys get theirs for free but the others don't and they aren't going to put one on that doesn't work.

10. chris73

chris73 Well-Known Member

i have a sprint dampner on my gsxr and it works great,and it lived thru a weekend at nelson!!!!!!!!!