1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daddy WANT!!!! (Traxxas E-maxx)

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Squid, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Funny...I just went through all my gears a coupe months ago. Broke out the lathe and cut the coms on all my motor and dropped them on the Dyno and ran them in.

Good old fashioned brushed motors.... I was surprised to find that everything that hadn't been run in about 8 years still worked perfectly.

Cool to see the brushless stuff make it into the cars. It was around way back when but only got put in planes at the time.

2. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Still have all my kit from my days racing 1/12 & 1/10 electric on road. Raced a lot around metro ATL and a did a few regional and national ROAR championship events. Racing budget dried up when the first marriage ended and never got back into it. Wanted to get some stickers made up at the time that said "R/C made me a divorcee"... Now I find this thread and as happens from time to time I find myself wanting to get back into it but to much crap going on right now...

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have seen those. They are not big enough to carry a gopro. Ha.

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

No, but they can blow papers off people's desks real easy with an ambush flyby.

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I had a cheap on that I chased my ex's cat around with once. More fun then a laser pointer.

6. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Have you checked out hobbyking.com for a quadcopter? They have good deals on Lipos too. Also check Valuehobby or epbuddy for deals on Lipo's. I got my nephew a 4000 mAh 2 cell from value for like $18 at value. Lipos are so much better than anything else. If you need a charger get a DC one for like $70 and convert an old pc power supply to run it. I got a GT power A620 from Value also.

7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

So I just picked up a slash 4x4 with lipo the other day-holy crap this thing is fast as hell haha! I need to take it to a track soon to have some real fun with it.

Question-I have the charger that came in the box and it takes FOREVER to charge this battery (2s 4200 mah). I know you can get faster chargers but I have no idea what type I can use or what is a decent one.

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

9. Spooner

Where do I get the power supply? Why don't they just come with them? (sorry for stupid questions)

10. Spooner

Ok, found the power supplies on the site-holy crap they can cost some real money! I do have an old PC in the garage-are you saying I can use the one from that?

11. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I just recently got into lipo batteries and ended up buying an inexpensive IMAX B6 clone charger on eBay that came with a power supply for $35 I think. It works great and offers fast charge, balance charge, discharge, etc.
    Lipo batts made my brushless Stampede almost uncontrollable fast.

12. Spooner

How long does it take to charge your batteries? I think it's taking like 7 or 8 hours to charge mine now which is just stupid. $35 would be great-where did you find it?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

i HATE the RC hobby...it's so much fun, but it's sooo freaking expensive...upgrading, fixing the stuff you wreck..oh wait...it sounds like another hobby of mine :eek:

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

my charger runs on 12v or 110 (household). I'll see what brand it was, seem to recall it was about $35-40?

takes about an hour or two to charge a 2c 5000mah battery?

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

16. Spooner

Perfect! I might see about getting a second battery too. What's a good price for a 2S battery?

17. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  18. Spooner

Mine came with lipo so I'm good there.

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

hobby king has about the best price on batteries. I have two of the 2 cell 5000mah batteries with high output, one soft, one hard case. then I have a 3 cell for when I want to get real stooopid with the truck.

I have the slash 4x4 as well but swapped out the motor and controller for the mamba monster stuff. RPM arms, bumpers, a few little aluminum bits here and there, different differential in the pumpkin, etc. etc.

I need a new body and to get mine back out again. I haven't played with it in a few months.

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

BTW anyone read what Stoners latest hobby is? Maybe after he's done racing V8's in Oz, he'll show up at your local RC track??? :)