1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Jam

Discussion in 'General' started by alienator, Apr 1, 2000.

1. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Hey, Sean: do us WERA people get points if we attend the PACE/Wrenchhead.com Cycle Jam that they just announced? You know, it IS a cycle jam, so we should get double points.

If cycle jam's keep proliferatin', I'm gonna get real confused.

2. WERA

WERA Administrator

LOL - you'd think with all their money and the huge office of people just doing promo work they'd be able to come up with their own name. Pretty sad really, of course we didn't feel it was necessary to trademark it so I wouldn't be surprised if they do (they have an entire department that does nothing but trademarks) and then turn around and try to sue us...

I think that you should call them and ask, since of course in common use, a Cycle Jam does denote a WERA double point multiple region event with club and pro racing [​IMG]

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Just don't use the BEARS name!!! [​IMG]

Power to Team Obsolete! Put an end to facist vintage organizations operating under the "membership owned" banner!!

Oops! Wrong forum I guess.

4. WERA

WERA Administrator

ROTFLMAO [​IMG]

That's the kind of game that Evelyne refuses to play. I think that if someone tried using WERA's name she'd have a problem, as for the rest of it - who cares. We've been here for 26 years with all the people playing political games and it hasn't done anything but make us better....

5. wera122

wera122 Guest

I believe Pocono used to call their week long FUSA races Cycle Jam a few years back, but that's neither here nor there. Where am I?

Oh yeah! I was going to say right on about Evelyne's attitude. If you're too busy watching everyone else's affairs, it doesn't leave you much time to mind after your own. Who cares about a name change here or nitpick there? As long as you aren't stealing copyrights and stuff like that.

In the grand scheme of things it's the racing that's important and WERA's track record speaks for itself. Keep up the great work!

6. WERA

WERA Administrator

I'll pass that one along to the boss [​IMG]

As for Pocono - Cycle Jam was used when we ran WERA Pro Series and WERA Sportsman Series stuff there together. WERA Pro Series was a joint venture between WERA and Protak (Doug Gonda's company) that bought FUSA from Bill Huth (owner of Willow Springs) and took it National. After some pretty good years of racing, WERA and Protak had some basic disagreements on where the company should head so the joint venture was dissolved and WERA sold it's share of FUSA to Protak for a nominal sum. Okay - history lesson over [​IMG] Up until PACE this year, no one has been using Cycle Jam other than WERA.

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

Actually, a Cycle Jam is what you could have called the Friday morning practice at Roebling. I don't think 4-wide through turn 8 is highly recommended. A guy in front of me was making a "could everyone please get in line and get out of the way!" gesture with his left arm, and the dude next to him mistook it as a pit entry signal. He pulled in the pits too! I guess he thought practice was over. I wonder if that would work in a race? [​IMG]

8. fastiger

fastiger Well-Known Member

Would this be the same left arm/hand gesture we were speaking about in a previous post? You know, the one Sean said was $50 per incident.

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

Actually no. It was more of an arm wave in disgust. As a general rule, I try not to laugh too much while I'm on the gas and dragging knee, but it was pretty funny.

That's the way practice goes, sometimes you just have to wait since there's no point in crashing before the race weekend even starts. Now when race time comes, it's a different story! [​IMG]