1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Jam

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 25, 2002.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm having a blast doing it but I really need to get the wireless network stuff done so I can do this from the tower. The viewing sucks form the trailer :)

So now we have Kasey Ray crashing out of 3rd Novice, he's up okay and reentering. We do have the ambulance rolling to a rider in T16, no info on that yet.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No change in the leaders of the Expert division but Kcraget is missing form 4th place so it's most lkely him in T16.

Novices are the same as well except that I have no clue who is now in 3rd with Kasey falling down.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - Kendall has passed UGA Dawg and Lee Fields :)

Yaakov takes the win over Champion in a very close finish. 3rd is Miosek. Kendall takes the win in the Novice ranks and Martin Musil is 2nd, still no clue on 3rd.

It is Kcraget that we rolled the ambulance for, I'll check on him and post more on that if I get a chance later.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

this is pretty cool mongo.i hope you are getting paid!!!:D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, strictly a volunteer job :)

Sorry about the hiccup, lost the sattellite hookup for a few.

So the last race is now over... Kcraget is fine, he knocked himself slightly loopy but less so than most this weekend. He did remember that he won two races...

Formula 1 was a great race between Scott Carpenter and Matt Furtek with Carpenter drafting by at the end to take the win.

That's it from the 2002 WERA Cycle Jam at VIR, home of 400 riders, 51 Endurance teams and almost 1300 entries over four days (and that doesn't include practice entries). We had fantastic weather, great races, a bunch of spectators, a blast with our extended family, we remembered friends that aren't with us any longer and a great time was had by all - well, all of us that came, we do feel sorry fo those who couldn't be here and on behalf of WERA and the WERA BBS I say YOU SUCK!

Time to pack up and head home in order to prepare for my next mission at a 24 Hour Hare Scramble and pit crew duties. I am taking the trailer with the modem so I'll be talking to Tattoo Guy and PKS all night long :)

Results and points will be up Tuesday, I won't get home unil tomorrow and I'm taking the rest of it off. Buh bye.

6. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Awesome Job...

Between the WSB races, the roundy roundy guys and Sean's play by play it was great. Thanks...as if I wasn't glued to this damn board before...!!!

7. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

not bad.... not bad at all !

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sean, please ask Jim to set up an continuous audio feed so we can hear Mister Microphone as he calls the races. :)

9. Hyperdynamics

Hyperdynamics Active Member

Many Thanks

Sean,

Thanks for the race coverage. As a tech for Mark Crozier and not being there with him, the not knowing was killing me. Prick wouldnt answer his phone to update someone. Probabley had his race face on, great job Mark, you are the man and I've always believed in you. Great job Jeff " walkin away with it " Walker. The future Man ?? Excellant racing and excellant coverage !!!

Pat Rommel :D

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Thank you Mongo, WERA, and VIR staff for a great weekend. Had to leave Sat. afternoon, but what an awesome couple of days! VIR is what every track should aspire to be. Ya think maybe Roebling Road could recruit a better track manager from VIR? Sheesh- the old guy at the gate told us VIR has one important rule- you must have fun or you'll be ejected! Well. the learning curve is steep, I'm not much faster than I was Friday, but I will make VIR Cycle Jam from now on. I say when the Barber track opens we drop Roebling from the SE. No one needs to deal with that dude when there are tracks around that actually like motorcycles.

Once again, thanks to everyone involved for a great racing experience.

Jay Barfield
    #413 Novice
    Faith On Wheels Racing

11. SonicDuck

SonicDuck Flying Feather Duster

Like getting their old manager back? If I'm not mistaken, the track manager at VIR is the previous manager from Roebling Road...

As for Mongo, the updates are awesome. For those of us that get left home to tend shop and whatnot, it's the only way we find things out since those fookers at the track never call or answer the cellphones and by the time they get home, most of the details are lost. As for the slay, good one ;)...except the followup was weak...He actually only crashed in three nationals....He won the first LWT Novice race at NPR so Mongo....YOU SUCK!!! :D

Mikey

and gshesh Harwell, leave some scraps on the table for the other guys....;)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - Sorry about that Mikey, I forgot about the first one, I'll do my pre slam research next time :D

13. THEPLASTICDR

THEPLASTICDR Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Please contact me with the specifics on the trailer at your earliest convienience.
    Thanks
    Mark
    770-634-6755
    www.theplasticdr.net

14. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

Me too.

Robert Patch
    [email protected]

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know the PDr. realizes this but Robert, I'm not sure you've seen it - it's a 48 foot gooseneck with living quarters.... Just want to make sure :)

I'll post everything in the classifieds sometime tomorrow but the basics are I'm looking to sell the whole rig with the FL60 included for $80k (it'll go on other classifieds and such to non WERA types for $85k).

16. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Too bad we can't have something like this on RoadracingWorld.com for AMA.;)

17. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Oh and congrats to everyone for the big accomplishments this weekend!:)

And who was that skinny guy with the Arclight shirt on that won everything?;)

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Scooter!!! :D Just ask Emily about that name. ;) Laurie, we missed you and Lee this weekend.

19. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

Mongo, in the national novice formula two race it was jeff caco from the north central region that took third place over mat wilhelm. Had a great time! How about the GNF being there instead of Road A?

20. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!