1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom triple clamps

Discussion in 'General' started by OWO1, Jan 30, 2020.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Beeb,

Need a set of custom triple clamps for a YZF750 with Ohlins SBK forks (FG9600). Any recommendations / assistance is appreciated. I hope there are still manufacturers that support these bikes.

Thank you!

Jason B.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Attack will make you whatever you want to any spec you want. Took me about 3 to 4 months. It was expensive. Jozef is awesome. IMA might also do custom but not sure.

FB_IMG_1580434706005.jpg

R1M370, jd41 and masshole like this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

https://accbilletengineering.co.za/

Donovan makes some nice classic superbike stuff.

Upper adjustable shock mount and lower replica Fox link for my Concours project.

I know he makes some nice adjustable triples too.

3C786E20-D751-4060-9F27-822B18BAAE66.jpeg
    758660A6-E7E2-4B4D-A6AF-2E10F8F784CD.jpeg

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

That's because it was a lot of CNC spindle time with a ball endmill using small stepovers, very nice piece but total overkill unless you're making a show bike

Rdrace42 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

lol i mean i kinda am haha, but i got you.

pscook likes this.
  6. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Judging by that pic those stepovers weren't that small....

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It looks like that was their plan. Clearly not going after a complete flat surface .

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I know. Leaving tool path cusps showing is a design feature prominent in the automotive aftermarket world, but to a toolmaker it just looks unfinished and sloppy. It's a huge time saver though. Just picking nits is all.

10. cf

cf Well-Known Member

I could do that for you, but need to finish some stuff for sweatypants first. Ideally it would be duplicating the geometry of existing parts just with the correct fork spacing/bores and maybe adding inserts for offset changes (assuming you want to use the same stem and bearings). As compared to changing the actual shape of the upper and lower to allow oriented flexure which seems to be the current trend vs later 90's early 00's where triple clamps were very stiff, with deep sections and triangulated connections. Obviously it's easy to copy by eye the shapes/thicknesses that are currently in use, but I cannot predict how that would translate to the feeling on your actual bike with your setup.

In any case, if you have a interest just shoot me an email: motorsport.studio at geemale

Sweatypants likes this.