1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

custom shift rods

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by piper907, May 11, 2010.

1. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

If you are having issues finding the proper length shift rods after installing a quickshifter switch I can make you one... or two... or three.
    I need to know:
    -What thread size AND pitch you would like on either end.
    -Right hand or left hand threads on either end.
    -male or female threads on either end.
    -overall length of the shift rod.

-Rods that have male threads (m6-1.0) will be built from aluminum with steel threads inserted into either end to retain strength where it counts.... (not aluminum male ends like the DJ rods)

Price is 30$ shipped for the first one and 20$ for each additional rod if they are the same.

shoot me a PM if you are interested.:up:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. 185mph

185mph Your hero

Sounds good. How are the steel inserts mounted, as in, I need a pull type rod. I wont have the risk of the ends popping out?

3. piper907

The aluminum rod will be drilled and tapped. the male threads will be screwed into the aluminum rod and secured with red loctite, then cut off with the appropriate amount of threads sticking out... now you have a male shift rod that is lighter than the steel ones and stronger than one made entirely from aluminum.

4. piper907

anyone?

5. piper907

weekend bump

6. piper907

I am headed out of town till monday the 24th... feel free to shoot me a PM if you need a caliper tool or shift rod... but keep in mind it will not be shipping out till the 25th.
    thanks for understanding ;)

7. piper907

Back in the shop:up:

Attached Files:

8. piper907

9. piper907

wat you need? ;)

10. piper907

11. piper907

bump:up:

12. piper907

Get'cha shiftrod here!!!

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

got mine last Thur. Looks great !!!!

Thanks again

14. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

I am going to need one, just need to wait till my quickshifter comes in and I can figure out measurements. You wouldn't have any measurements for a 06+ R6 with vortex rearsets in standard shift?

15. piper907

Unfortunately I haven't really kept track of the make/model/shiftswitch/rearsets configurations that I have been making rods for.

There are soo many different combinations... That it makes sense to have a rod made to your specs.

mount your quickshifter in place and hold your shift lever in the position that you prefer. Take an overall length measurement and how much thread you need available (male or female).

then let me know :up:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  16. notbostrom

if you are using the regular push/pull sensor... measure your stock rod and subtract 47 or 48mm

17. piper907

^^^ Thanks Ben ;)

18. notbostrom

PS the one you made for me is a work of art.. super nice stuff

19. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

What are turn around times on these? I am still trying to figure out the exact length as I don't want to get it wrong but I will hopefully order one this week. Also would you be able to do a M6 on one end for the quickshifter and a M8 on the bottom end for my vortex rearsets? They are both female ends.

20. piper907

Female M8 will no problem at all.
    once I have your specs, your shift rod will ship out in a day or two USPS Priority Mail.