1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Boots?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shortyy, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Shortyy

Shortyy Member

Question to the beebs, maybe those of you that had/have kids in the sport. Has anyone ever had custom boots made?

I ask because there are very few "race quality" boots that are made small enough to fit my feet (Woman, size 36eu, size 5.5 US). Alpinestars smx plus are about the only thing I've found that has a retention strap + the velcro/zipper. Need the retention strap because I cant fully zip the boot and don't trust velcro alone.

Problem is, I'm short, have relatively large calves (today's Astars, suit has to go over the boots and they still pinch my calf). I would really like something that has a bigger opening, and has more protection (like supertech R or Forma ice pro flow).

I just spent a week across the pond in EU looking for smaller sizes and came up pretty dry, so here I am. Worst case I'll just order the Astars again and see if I can get a longer retention strap put on. Sidi's are out, they are too big in the 37.

Small person problems, I know.

Shortyy

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Daytona reportedly makes Security Evos in 36. You will very likely have to special order them though, and they are best bought via EU vendors like FCMoto. These are about as good a race boot as exists, and can accommodate big calves.
    Good luck.

3. Shortyy

Shortyy Member

Interesting manufacturing video. I will have to check them out. I was at FC Moto on saturday, they didnt have any little ones on the shelf so i didnt give them a 2nd look. Thanks for the hint.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

5. Shortyy

Shortyy Member

I cant zip the dainese up. I tried.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I wonder if an off the shelf pair could be customized by a local leather suit repair shop? Barnacle Bill does all sorts of custom repairs and mods to suits.

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Being a "big calf" person myself, I really miss the old AGV boots with their speedlace system. Not helpful, I know, but good luck!

969 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn’t the Pumas have a large calf? I know, not helpful. :(

what about TCX?

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@pickled egg might help if you post some calf/feet pics so he can judge the sizing.

Yeah that's it...judge the sizing.

To help make sure they are barefoot pics, preferably with pedicure and maybe throw some pics with fruit and stuff. You know...to help judge the size so he can better recommend a boot that fits.

:D

@Steeltoe might be able to help as well...

:D

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Cant find a local leather boot dude ?

Gotta be some creepy swamp hillbilly in Florida that'll make you custom alligator boots for a reasonable price

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If Daytonas have the ability to easily fit your calf, those are supposed to be really excellent boots. That’s what I will buy, if I ever by roadracing boots again

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It would probably be worth your time to go to an old-fashioned
    boot maker and see what he could do for you. Bring him an old pair
    he can cut up and look at and if he's a real craftsman he could probably
    come up with a solution to your problem.
    If not, you haven't lost anything but a little time, but if you find the right
    guy, you might have a solution to a problem that I'm sure others have; it
    is a short man's sport after all.