1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

css teaching trail braking?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Yeah, you need to get to the Level where the guru‘s initials are branded on your groin, and you have „personal sessions“ with him :)

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That level of education is beyond my need.

3. Obviously you will never find trailbraking nirvana.

Time for your financial contribution!

4. fastfreddie

I can brake into a corner with my knee down and the rear wheel in the air. I'm 58 years old, don't race and don't ride on the street.
    What can anyone teach me about braking for which I'll have a use?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Damn. Marquez doesn't even do that. All hail Code.

Circacee likes this.
  6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

lets say someone wants to get into racing(CVMA/WERA etc) after numerous trackdays. What school should he pick? Based in Socal.

7. fastfreddie

That was a me thing back in'02. It was just happenstance, nothing planned, reported to me by cornerworkers as I had no idea it was occurring. God bless Ducati.
    Willfully doing that today would be pure exhibitionism...I prefer to live.

8. fastfreddie

One whose credentials support the acquisition of a racing license.

9. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

http://jp43training.com/

Pridmore is one of the best coaches in the business and does a lot of his one on one training in So Cal.

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Before the days of catch phrases, before "trail Braking" was a word that even existed, the fast local guys told you to "Go in deeper/hotter, & brake harder" ..... doing so, resulted in you staying on the brakes into the corner and bleeding them towards apex/etc.

This stuff should come naturally, I find it insane the concept has to be 'taught'. Mastering it, yes, requires skill/practice, but Every motorcyclist is lightly trailbraking every time they turn at an intersection/street, or pull into your driveway, w/out even realizing it. Trailbraking to some degree is as common as twisting the throttle or working the clutch.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019