1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crozier and norton

Discussion in 'General' started by AUDREY, Sep 17, 2002.

1. AUDREY

AUDREY Nurse Betty

I was hoping someone would tell me how Max and Mark are doing. I worried about them the whole long, boring trip back from Texas. Guys, get well soon, and take good care of yourselves!

2. Elmolito

Elmolito Well-Known Member

When did Crozier crash? On Sunday? What happened to him?

3. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

yeah, what's the story??

inquiring minds want to know!

4. AUDREY

AUDREY Nurse Betty

Max and Mark both had a tumble, Mark took flight in the fastest turn, Max hurt his ankle in a fall. I hope they are both ok, Max was going to get med advice at home. i pray that both are ok, i think the world of those guys and seeing my heros fall really hurts. They both are incredible riders, Mark was kicking booty having a ball in the endurance race, Max was fearless of the track. my best to both, nuttin life threatening, thank God.

5. MR-MICROPHONE

thanks dear

Thanks for the info! Yeah they are both great riders and great guys. Hope they are ok.

And speaking of heros falling, how do you think I feel when you fall? It kills me. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Thanks again for the info.
    Take care!
    ;)

Jeff

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talked to Hayley yesterday and she told me that Max is getting his ankle pinned back together this week and the doc thinks he'll be good to go for the GNF (in an air cast by then).

No word on Mark yet, I'll try to find out today. Mark hit a false neutral going in to T1 and unlike his ride off on Friday didn't land the jump (there's a small downhill outside of 1 that turns into a nice jump at speed). Anyway, in his tumbling he rebroke his hand in the same spot as well as another break in the same hand, also got whiplash pretty bad and broke his scapula. He was doing okay just upset. He'll heal too but personally I doubt it by the GNF - however given his ride with a broken hand at Summit I won't put anything past him...

7. MR-MICROPHONE

Thanks MONGO!!

By the way, thank you for picking up those parts for my DR. I'll pay you when I see you next.

And another by the way, I still have those parts bins you gave me at VIR. :eek: I hope those guys didn't need them this past weekend.

8. MadMax 804

MadMax 804 Guest

Looking Good for GNF!!!

Friday morning the orthopedic surgion will insert 2 screws (hopefully titanium, something anodized blue maybe:D ) into my right ankle. After a week of lying on my ass getting fat, the doc will put me in a walker cast and says I will be ready to kick anyones ass at the GNF!!!
    Thanks for the concerns Audrey. I really hope that I was of some help Friday before my crash. I'll keep you all posted after the surgery.

9. melissa

melissa Sir

MAX! Glad to hear you in better spirits than when I saw you on Saturday. Good luck at the sawbones and let us know how it goes.

10. sv wantabe

sv wantabe Member

Max,
    Be sure to stock up on the Corona's before your surgery. Would hate for you to be home bound with nothing to keep you occupied!
    Na, just kiddin', if you need a nurse you know who to call (Yo favorite Nurse and babysitter, Mrs. Walker).
    Let me know how things go, cause Jeff don't tell me anything -- hell I didn't even know when your surgery was scheduled.
    Take Care.

11. melissa

melissa Sir

Message from Mark

Mark asked me to pass this along to everyone who was asking about him on the BBS:

I went to the orthopedic today, and the verdict is 6 to 10 weeks on the shoulder. I broke the left shoulder blade in half. I also have pulled ligements in my chest and severly pulled muscles in my back. the hand thing is all minor. The Dr. told me that the scapula is one of the hardest bones to brake. If not for me breaking my collarbone last year and it healing up so strong it would have probably broken instead. Just my damn luck!!! But anyway, we will see how things progress. I go back in two weeks for more X-rays. I will be freaking glowing in the dark with all this radiation. That would be cool for Halloween huh!!

12. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

I broke my scapula at TWS in '96, The orthopedic here was amazed that I broke it in the thickest part. He appearantly has never been down in turn 1. Now my shoulder makes these cool crunching sounds. Good luck in your recovery Mark, looking forward to racing ( actually watching you pass me) with you next year. Are you gonna make an appearance at the GNF?

13. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

max, grant and i are glad to hear you are doing well. hope your recovery is speedy and we hope to see you at road a.