1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crf80 vs crf100 and mods

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by jboyd12, Jul 15, 2012.

1. jboyd12

jboyd12 Well-Known Member

80 vs 100, i have owned both when i was younger but is there really that much of an advantage to the 100 besides the power and the lager wheels. I am only asking this silly question because i have the chance to pick up a like new crf80.

next question what are the worth while mods to do to an crf80 to give it a little more juice?

Thanks guys

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I think there are more mods for the 100. But the hp difference is less then 2hp stock. I believe the 80 has a closer ratio transmission. I have been eyeing up putting an xr/cfr 80 in a YSR for kart track racing. I am also thinking of putting an XR200 in my other YSR for our formula class.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

i bought my son an 80. I have the 100. even with jetting, airfilter, and gearing... the 80 is a dog compared to a stock 100. But could be the carb on the 80 isnt the same at the 100.

4. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

could be. could be 20% more displacement-
    80zan80 100's a 100. you want that wheel?

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My CRF 100 made almost 6 horsepower at the rear wheel stock, on the dyno. 1 or 2 horsepower is a huge percentage of that.

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

yeah- i had a CRF80 with a 100 kit but it was still not in the same league as a stock 100.
    i have a BBR cam and springs for the 100... p.m. offers

7. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

if you do an 80 with a 100 kit you have to use the 100 carb.