1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRF50 Forks

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by JBowen33, Oct 14, 2022.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Has anyone run the “+1” crf50 Chinese forks on a CRF50?

Unfortunately my son twisted the fork tubes/ legs and handlebars beyond repair. I can’t locate any OEM stuff only the Chinese sets on Amazon/ebay which all are the 1 inch longer fork legs with OEM sized triples/ upper tubes etc.

Does the extra height of the forks cause any issues?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Honestly....it's a freakin' 50. A 1 inch longer fork isn't going to be noticed.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don’t know about the Chinese forks, but the stock forks have a ton of play in them. For indoor riding on slicks it really helps to put in upgraded bushings to take out that slop. There’s a guy in MI named Will Widener (sp?) that sells them.

418 likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I think I might have a complete setup (wheels, triples, & forks) off a 70. They run 12" wheels.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We had one with the cheapo Chinese stuff and I'm not sure it was any worse than the factory stuff. It was many years ago, and that is the way that bike came.

JBowen33 likes this.
  6. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I just got it all together. To be honest the china stuff seems alittle more beefier then the OEM stuff. Springs are a lot stiffer for sure.

I ended up taking the OEM forks apart and measuring the oem fork legs. I cut the china fork legs to match and slapped it all back together. It’ll work just fine for 60 bucks instead of 450 dollars

Boman Forklift likes this.