1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creepy Mike Folmar, PA Senator

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 18, 2019.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Off with his heads.

cpettit likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I see what you did there and I like it.

These guys are so hard to pick out, at least to me. I raced with a person for years who is very well known here who is in prison for child stuff. I knew this guy pretty well, as did others. Nobody ever suspected anything.

Looking past the crime for a second, I cant get my arms around how people juggle these dual lives. I cant keep shit straight from this morning between wife and daughter. Plus, the world is tiny and people connect real easily. No way I could hide an entire side life.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See, part of the problem is posting links to that kind of shit making people think that it makes sense.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

On a separate but similar to the topic issue. I always wonder about adults who spend a lot of time with young children like in youth sports and other various youth activities as volunteers and what not. I get the parents volunteering as their own children are participating in a youth program then no longer volunteer after their own kids have moved on. But there always seems to be a few that continually get involved. Just makes me wonder. I don’t think it’s natural for grown adults to be hanging out with children for a majority of time. It doesn’t seem right.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This logical perception, more than any other thing, is what gives me pause in my work with Civil Air Patrol. My goals/interests do align with the organization. I want to help create candidates for the various military options available, drive interest in aviation, and teach leadership. However, I don't have a child in CAP, which sometimes feels awkward to me. I have to wonder if some have a similar perception as you when they looks at my participation.

I have never seen any issues with senior members though. They seem to fall into a few categories, all rather benign. Parents, retired military missing the old days, a few military fetishists, some old timers, and aviation enthusiasts like me. Teaching a group of cadets to shoot or giving a lesson on Bernoulli effect (like I did last night) can be very rewarding.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know what you mean but it all depends on the adult. Evelynes brother did a lot of volunteering for local kid baseball stuff even before he got married and had kids just because he liked helping out and really likes baseball. Nothing remotely creepy. Other people not so much.

ducnut, stk0308 and G 97 like this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I actually considered volunteering to help the scouts a while back. With all the paperwork, pedo accusations and potential for attitudes like yours (not a criticism of you as you are not unique) I decided helping was not worth the grief and did other things with my time. I understand your point but how much effort would you put out to help young kids get into bikes?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh no, I understand. Pretty short sighted of me and not trying to paint with a broad brush even thou I did. Just something I’ve noticed from time to time when adults seemingly immerse themselves in children’s activities for long periods of time. I’m sure for the majority it’s all good but it still makes me wonder.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Like I said not a rip on you as obviously I factored it in myself as a potential. Kind of a shame though as a few pedos have hurt kids they were not even around. I know when we were young dad would have loved to have 2-3 assistants when he coached baseball vs the drop and run parents that were useless.

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My daughter and I (she just turned 16 last month) coached a 12u little league baseball team this past spring. She needed volunteer hours and we found out coaching counted. As a coach, I have a lot to offer. (I've coached rec, travel, and national level teams.) However, if she hadn't of been with me, I wouldn't have done it even if you paid me. I sent out a note to all families at the beginning of the season that I would not be alone with their kids at any point in time. If my daughter wasn't with me, I would not be able to pick anyone up or take anyone home. If it wasn't for my daughter, it just wouldn't be worth it to me and I have zero desire to coach without her. This is 100% due to the skepticism behind men and their motives. I love kids and I love watching them succeed based of my training. My goal for every kid was to see them get a hit by the end of the season. Just 1 hit. We're talking kids that would back out of the box as soon as a ball was pitched. We reached that goal. The happiness on a kids' face when they succeed is near priceless. Sadly, there is a price that I'm just not willing to pay. We'll probably volunteer next season as well, but it's solely so my daughter can get her volunteer hours in. We'll be begged to come back after because rec leagues are suffering around the country, but as much as I want to continue helping these kids grow, society has made it undesirable to do so. :( (And I was required to pass a background check.)

tl1098 likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

Seemed appropriate for this thread. :D

scottn and Fonda Dix like this.
  14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Now there's an odd thing to sit and ponder.