1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crashed by a kid

Discussion in 'General' started by todzuki, Jul 24, 2005.

1. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

I was pitted right beside these people and I believe there were about 4 kids. They ran wild all day long and I never heard the mom say one thing to them. Mongo said "their inability to control their child", the sad thing is she made no attempt to control the kids.

:up: to Mark Sheldon and Barber security for kicking her ass out.

Sorry about your bike Todd, but glad you are ok.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Stoopid question... What were they doing there? Was the mom doing the track day?

3. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

WWMBD ?

4. nutnbutnet

nutnbutnet Well-Known Member

Here's what Todd didn't say....

Kid didnt even look just ran straight out....Todd left about a 6 foot
    front wheel skid mark...anybody with less ability, ie Most of us.
    would have creamed the kid...broke Todd's shifter lever, and the
    peg on that side speared into Todd's 3rd knee surgery scar. It trapped him under the bike and he was stuck until we could lift the bike off of him and out of the knee...i guess now he will have a 4th scar:down:

How Todd didnt cream the kid and after, kill the mother and kid, i'll never know...He did very well controlling his emotions.

hat's off to Mark SBTT and security for kicking them out. The guy with them was out on pit out, so he didn't know anything until after his session.

But i don't think anybody apologized to Todd...i know the mother didnt.

5. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

That sucks. I was coming off track and saw you dump it. The kid was running around without looking right by pit-out with a bunch of people coming off track. Glad you werent hurt worse.

6. Huey130

'sacry how fast do you have to be going in the pits to lay down a 6' skid mark?

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Don't try to turn this around on Todd.

8. Huey130

Simply asked a question...
    Please re: your own sig block. :p

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah I looked back after the bike had gotten off him and I saw him run and get his balance I guess. I thought oo man hes pissed that kids going to get it.

Anyway Had a great time meeting new people. Wish I could have met some of you. I know I saw Ryan Nelson on the track. Saw your leathers and remembered the avatar.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Good point.

Was this in the hot pit lane, or in the pits...???

I assumed that it was in the pit lane. Not realising it would have been pretty hard for the kid to get there in the first place.

11. Ryan Nelson

Was it hot enough for ya out there? Fun couple of days and I finally learned how to jet flatslides so that the bike doesnt want to throw you to the moon. :beer: Although I was really slow b/c I realized I was making tons of mental errors caused by the heat and just wanted to stay on two wheels and get the carbs right.

Should have come and said hello - I was all alone up there on the 2nd tier. Weird doing a trackday all alone with no pit-mates.

I even had a couple of close calls in the pits. There were a lot of kids there and most were running around not paying any attention whatsoever.

12. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing, but I thought I read that it was near pit-out????

13. WonderWoman

WonderWoman Active Member

Reasons why I will bust a kids ass in a heart beat, and I dont care what anyone says or thinks about it. Stinking hippys constantly fussing over parents whooping a little ass. :mad: I swear they are the reason kids are so terrible now. All my mother had to do was LOOK at me and I was frozen.

Sucks that happened. Glad to hear your didnt get hurt worse. That mother is lucky it wasnt my SuperHero who went down because of her kid. I wouldnt of been as nice as you were. I would have been all over her like white on rice. Then again, Im a cancer and I have an attitude that I have issues controling... :rolleyes:

14. Ryan Nelson

In the pits. Come off track, hang a left, then crash. I saw part of it happen and it sure didnt look like Todd was going faster than anyone else. Everyone was streaming off the track.

15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I had in my mind's eye. REAL bad place to have kids running around! On the rare occasion my kids come to the track with me, we pit as far from the pit-in/out area as possible. I get nervous going through there on a bike with all the activity, let alone on foot!

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If he had hit the little shit just right, he'd only have to buy the Mercedes.

17. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

That's cold. Very cold.

You should go to law school.

18. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

LMAO

19. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

20. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Let's see: he's coming off the track so the hot tires collect trash as he comes off the racing line. Then he rides through the pits so the tires get more crap on them. Then the child of moron surprises the hell out of the rider who grabs the front brake while totally out of shape and he starts to fall. Since the bike and rider are falling there is basically no load on the dirty front tire so it SLIPS along the dirty pavement leaving a 6 ft mark [ which is less than the length of the bike ].

If there is one thing I really understand, it is the dynamics of busting your ass while motorcycling :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005