1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craigslist deals you couldn't pass up.

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I agreed to buy a Zuma 125 for 1600. When I got there the guy had it in his driveway with the battery cover off and a charger on the battery. He apologized as he said it wouldn't start. He reduced the price 100 bucks and I'm not afraid to fix things so I said OK. I but it back together, RAISED THE KICK STAND, and rode it back to the truck.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Bought my first race bike...the might EX500...from CL back in the late 1900's...lol. It was running and the next day wouldnt start. I got it home and spent a day or so monkeying with carbs, wiring etc. Nothing. Noticed a loose plug wire. Trimmed it and re-inserted the mire in the boot and voila...running bike. Paid like $500 since it wasnt running.

Yesterday I bought a old Index 40 mill for $950. Has 3 axis DRO, power quill and power x feed. Thought that was a good price. When i get there the guy is including all the tooling/end mills, vice etc. F^&%&*ing score!!

YamahaRick, 969, gpz11 and 1 other person like this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Bought a late 90's ex Graves AMA R6 for $1000 off CL. It had some pretty cool [little tricks for ease of maintenance and stuff. Got it running, sold it for $2500.00 and made another easy thousand off the spares. Wish I'd have tried it out on the track once though. Maybe I wouldn't have sold it :D

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

But you are $2500 ahead and don’t have to hang you head in shame after you Bautista’d that R6 on your first track ride.:D

YamahaRick, ungwaha, ChemGuy and 2 others like this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Ow... ow... I'll, I'll just see myself out.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

motion likes this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

His ex will put whatever she wants in his living room.

And when she lets him come over to visit his house, he can see it.

motion and fixerflyer like this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

All I know is that my kids loves the damn Vespa. Last week my son, daughter and her husband rode it to an outdoor concert, and last night my son met me at a nearby watering hole for a couple. He rides the friggin thing all over town. It has no parking brake so he carries a brick with him to chock the wheel:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YamahaRick, brex, KrooklynSV and 5 others like this.
  9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

That is just too cool!

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

11. Dave Wolfe

A fuggin sportster?

motion likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I dig that bike. Its a total POS, but I love it for some reason.

wifey.jpeg

13. Dave Wolfe