1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cradle to Career

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Phl218, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

“will collect data from “partner entities” in order to “provide appropriate interventions and supports to address disparities in opportunities and improve outcomes for all students.”

Dafuk. Why not just create test tube babies and raise them as wards of the state. Man, liberals really are cancer.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It is a chickenshit new world.

Huxley would be proud.

tl1098 likes this.
  4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Meh, like any infraction of the school rules wasn't going on the your permanent record before!

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So we have no idea who is here legally but we can track people from birth.... I would fear bad data more than anything.

Maybe soon CA will emulate the Red Chinese and have a society score

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Permanent record indeed.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, I know I’m supposed to feel outrage. This is a reasonable and intelligent use of data that already exists. The state spends billions upon billions in education and social programs. It makes complete sense to take the data out of silos, centralize it and use it to analyze the impact of spending on student outcomes. Yeah it might be used to justify crazy lefty programs, but if they’re forced to give equal access to all researchers sans personally identifiable data it can be used as a weapon against stupid programs. The argument that centralizing the data will drastically increase the risk of a breach is a poor one. The data is already vulnerable where it’s at. This would be of increased value to an attacker, but much of the data that’s valuable to bad actors is already out there from other sources.