1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR80 - Running after a 12 Year Hiatus

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA49, Aug 28, 2020.

1. WERA49

WERA49 Well-Known Member

This CR80 was stolen from me 12 years ago. It was my brothers dirt bike, but on loan to me. The Sheriff's department got it back but the top end was destroyed.

After sitting unused in a shed for 12 years, my brother gave it to me to "do something with it".

It's 32 years old, but is still a LOT of fun.

evakat, TurboBlew, lee955i and 5 others like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:rock: AWESOME!!!!

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bravo !!

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Slick.

5. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I had a 87 kx80 that I saved up for about 5/6 years. I loved that bike and rode it every day.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

F YEAH!!!

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

That is a cool bike with a good color combo. Hang on to it this time will ya!

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What a proper dirtbike should sound like.

Borat approved.
    [​IMG]

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Awesome!

and you have a kick ass camera assistant. :crackup:

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Our 1999 CR80 flattracker is possibly the best race bike I've ever owned. We took it to the Daytona national flattrack series in 2014 and took the championship. Not bad for a 15 year old, $900 bike. That thing is bulletproof.

11. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

had my 01 gsxr 750 picked up by 2 guys and thrown in a back of a pickup truck in Phoenix. would be nice to get that back

12. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Jeezus I miss that sound......:(:(:(

13. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Buddy had a CR125 back in 87 dam thing was the beginning of my addiction. Great video I hope it stays in the family for many years to come.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The sound of my kid's little flattracker spinning up and then finding traction on corner exit at an indoor track is one of my favorite racing memories. Indescribably awesome!