CR500- Road Race bike

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JTRC51, Aug 31, 2015.

1. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Drooolllll....

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

ohh well they arrived. lemme help you out with a few more that aren't taken with some Dutch dude's potato phone... :D

cera1.jpg cera2.jpg cera3.jpg

Phl218 likes this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

Is that some kind of a ceramic coating or something on the lower?

4. Sweatypants

carbon with ceramic coating yea

[​IMG]

5. Sweatypants

well speak of the godamn devil... Hall picked up the phone today, talked to me for an hour, engine supposed to be done next week. PHEWWWW! i dont even know what to do with myself.

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

ok guys I have a question about stators on CR500s.
    seems mine died
    its an 89 and original everything as far as ignition is concerned except I built a heavy flywheel for it.
    its in a 98 Cr250 chassis and its a woods bike slash dirt bike.
    so without breaking the bank what should I use to bring it in to the 20th century?
    I have a 2001 cR250 motor with all electronics I can swap to 500 motor it or would buying a new stator setup for lights be a better setup?
    Bikes been stone cold reliable until it started loosing some top end and acting like no power if I revved it.
    found some chipped reeds so bought new ones and before I changed them bike was idling and just died.
    never done that before so now after reeds install I have no spark.
    and here I am.
    thanks and give me ideals as im wanting to go kick some 450 4 stroke ass at dirt bike track soon.

Steven

7. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I was there the other day. I told him to call you.

Now, he just needs to finish my project.

8. Sweatypants

haha thanks man. i still was the one that called, but seriously i was just sitting at my desk during lunch and decided randomly what the hell, its been like 2 months since i tried, lemme pick up the phone. i was expecting to leave another voicemail that would go unanswered, and when he picked up it caught me off guard haha like... "hello? is this a real person? Jerry?" well now i got 2 projects to contend with it seems... i'll have to figure this out now. it did brighten my day yesterday though.

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

What he's doing for me would take him 3-4 hours. He's had the bike for 2 months. I stop by once a week to see if the bike has moved. I usually end up staying 20-30 minutes bullshitting about 2-strokes.

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. Sweatypants

beep bop boop...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish Lester Harris would just make me an entire chassis.

trussdude and pscook like this.
  11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well... that's art.

12. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

That is pretty! I'm excited to see this build come to completion.

13. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

And I wish they still had the mold for these arms and sub frames!!! I just installed this Harris Arm on my 2005 R1 over the wknd....its lovely!!

Attached Files:

14. Sweatypants

that thing is so good man. damn. Lester said they weren't really in the business of making whole arms any more. Attack isn't even doing quick change. I was kinda willing to pony up for a full one-off arm, but this will do with the RSW250 cover and all i guess. i love looking at swingarm fab though.

15. warclok

Your arm is lovely, and parts like these are becoming a lost art. They are harder to find, and even harder to convince them to sell to you...lol

16. Sweatypants

yea maybe next time around now that i have a basis, i can tug on his heartstrings more, instead of just being "some guy." i imagine dudes like that get tired of the whole game of, "how much for a YZR chassis?" only to never hear from them again once they say $20k.

warclok likes this.
  17. warclok

Good work don't come cheap...and yea, he is prolly tired of the tire kickers. I have been speaking to Mark Pateman over there the last few days...