Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fencer and cav115 like this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

% months... how many died of flu in same time period?

In 1968, H3N2 killed over 100K in US. Nobody blinked.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. R Acree

R Acree WTF

And there were only 200 million peeps.

and we only had network TV.

Banditracer and cav115 like this.
  5. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

Some are questioning how COVID-19 is being listed as a cause of death, when there were other contributing health problems. I can understand that, as it seems there are inconsistencies in how various cities/counties/states choose to report the data.

However, it appears that the NCHS is currently putting excess deaths going back to February at between 115,000 and 120,000 (has to be estimated, as the reporting lags by weeks in some cases). Is this number also being questioned? Do you believe that fake death records/certificates are being generated, leading to those numbers?

If not, then what did kill those people? Is there another virus making the rounds right now?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Every number should be questioned.

The only consistent truths I've seen are the risk factors of age and underlying conditions. Beyond that I see a lot of horseshit being flung around with the occasional outlier trotted out to terrify the masses.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

thank you for enlightening us to this horrible tradgedy that has befallen our fellow man.

cav115 likes this.
  9. Arioch

Arioch Member

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I know your stance on this thing, but 100,000 people dying in two months doesn’t matter to you? And yes I know lots of people die all the time, I’m talking about the virus specifically, no big deal?

11. baconologist

<—-not taking the bait.

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

It wasn’t bait, it was just a question.

13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We`re back to two months....:crackup:

14. baconologist

cav115 likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I scheduled to get an antibodies test, going to get drawn next week.....curious to see what comes of it.

I heard the other day that the average age of death from COVID is older than the average life expectancy age. :confused:

jrsamples likes this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Don’t know. I’m not the one posting numbers.

If my life depended on it, I’d say far less. I’d also say that when you factor in the actual number of people that have asymptomatically had it and were never tested, the actual morbidity rate of this will be far less than the flu. I believe it’s highly contagious, but not very deadly all said and done.

jrsamples likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 What's my name

With over 90% having any number of pre-existing medical conditions, poor health and older in age.
    Oh and 99.99% survival.

Amazing how all of a sudden over the exact same time frame, flu deaths have almost disappeared.
    Why is this?

I agree, nothing to see here. Overblown to say the least.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Art is subjective

Depends. How much unemployment spiff you still got coming? ;)

Sending you my number, got the girls this weekend so if you’re cool with the dueling dynamos coming along I could swing by and peek anytime.

19. G 97

G 97 What's my name

Don’t forget to wear your mask.

20. G 97

G 97 What's my name

Perspective is important. Assuming the actual deaths attributed to covid are accurate. Which in reality they are over stated. So the percentages are even less.

As of May 19th/20th, 2020, 323,603 people have died from the CCP-Covid-19 virus. The current population of the world is approximately 7,700,000,000. 1% of the worlds population is 77,000,000. That means that .004% or 4/1,000ths of 1% of the people in the world have died, so far, of Covid.

The current population of the US is 328,500,000 and, so far, 100,000 Americans have died. 1% of the US Population is 3,285,000. That means .02% or 2/100ths of 1% of Americans have died of Covid.

And yet some continue to believe it’s a huge deal. Idiots unite.

baconologist likes this.