1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So does he...:D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

NH just set up overflow facilities with 1662 beds to handle the rush.
    80 people in the state have been hospitalized and 7 have died.
    And people are demanding that the Appalachian Trail be closed because people are still using it. It's an all-out stupid contest.

baconologist likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You just compared systematic data collection with a selection bias sample of 1. Bravo.

4. In Your Corner

5. In Your Corner

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Systemic data collection?

Oh yeah. It’s the shotgun method. :rolleyes:

7. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You just fell into a sarchasm.

(EDIT: Perhaps you just were simply doing what uncle daddy was telling you to do in the article linked above)

(EDIT EDIT Yes, I know that article was sarcasm. )

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Guam sent you a PM

:D

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s the over under on how many letters to the editor he sends in on a weekly basis? :D

pickled egg likes this.
  11. For the people that live in TN...

443051BB-1108-47E8-92D8-FB6556244B04.jpeg

12. My initial response is, “or what?”

We’ve been isolating anyway, but if I want/need something from the store, we go get it. And no, it isn’t always “essential”. We’ve made trips to Academy twice just get more stuff from the gym (and gun stuff).

Could i survive without the gym stuff, sure. But I don’t want to. Being able to workout is how I keep my sanity.

So what, they are going to start pulling people over and asking them what they are doing?

And what if the answer is “nothing, just fucking off”?

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

14. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

293 total hospitalizations in Tennessee. Just guessing, maybe 200 still in the hospital. Probably over 100 hospitals in Tennessee. How can the hospitals be crushed as the local news reports?

15. I haven’t seen those reports (I don’t have local TV, nor do I watch the news).

But my guess would be because of how the infected aren’t spread out across the state.

Of the 3100 positive cases, 1500 of those are split between Nashville and Memphis.

Those places are heavily populated, and high crime areas anyway.

So I don’t think it is a situation of all hospitals across the state being overrun. For example, there are only like 20 cases in my city. But it might be a situation where certain hospitals, in certain cities, are having issues.

Even if people aren’t admitted, it still takes time and resources to help them. Over 5,000 people have been tested in Nashville. I’d have to assume it’s because they were sick. So even if they aren’t admitted, they are still seen, treated, consulted, etc. They still occupy the time and resources of the doctors and nurses for a period of time.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

OK, Broomer!

17. I’m not quite sure how to take that.

18. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

We are setting up a 600 bed overflow facility here in the Chattanooga convention center. This is plan B for whatever they are setting up in Nashville. Either we just like spending the government cheese, or I’m very bad at basic math.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Balad Health was talking lay offs due to 70-90% decrease in revenue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.