1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Even Home Depo was stupid busy today, all I want was a 3/8 oak dowel for the bore of my 45-70 and every self and staffed checkout was backed up in a big way, I have never seen it like that. You would have though a huge hurricane was days away headed directly for St Pete.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Silver inhibits bacterial growth, and can prolong the life of milk.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

In less than a month South Korea's rate of recovery has surpassed the rate of new infections.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I did? I really don't remember. Which plague was happening at the time?

cav115 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Random post: if any of you catch that stuff, apparently some French doctors have started to notice that ibuprofen makes the symptoms worse. They recommend not taking an anti-inflammatory medication if you have the virus.

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Same at Lowes. Looked over at the Rural King, no parking spaces, drivers couldn't get into the lot. I suppose they were buying guns and ammo, IDK

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

French Gulch near Breckenridge, Clear Creek near Central City mostly. Occasional trips to a GPAA claim on the Arkansas down near Buena Vista.

Hit a pretty sweet ditch over the tailings in French Gulch that paid out quite a bit. I remember where it is and no I ain't telling!

jrsamples likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Where y'all seeing this shit?

I've been out and about. Nothing different. Besides some stuff missing from shelves. Applebee's maybe a little light. Nope, just walked out parking lot is full...

I think there's more paranoia on the internet and in the media then actual reality.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Calm doesn't generate clicks.

Pixelator and David-imoddavid like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And my ER doc friend said anti-inflammatory meds (specifically steroidal) and albuterol were first line.

Jeez... Nobody knows what to do anymore. :(

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Seeing it here. Shelves are empty by early morning, even after a restock.

I can't say I'm innocent. I did buy $200 worth of beef, chicken, pork, buns, bbq sauce, mac n cheese and green beans yesterday.

Though, it may be worth mentioning, I bought all of it from Pickles and Bones BBQ, for the simple fact that they've offered free kids meals over the next 3 weeks while schools are closed. My little part to help them help others, and we can nibble on it over the next few days

We have, from before this shit even started, enough groceries and supplies for several weeks I'd think. May have to venture out eventually. We'll see.

YamahaRick and 418 like this.
  12. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

14. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Look at what they jumped onto doing in an effort to contain community spread. They're an outlier for a number of reasons, replicating what they're doing effectively, may be more difficult than a total shut down for us.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Alton Brown did a whole episode on it on his Good Eats show a few years back. I recommend seeing if you can find it and give it a watch.

16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I lived at St. Mary's Glacier (Alice Co.) in the Idaho Springs area for 11 years and panned up by Blackhawk and Central City. Total pilgrim with the sport but got pretty lucky a couple times. :beer:

auminer likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you can only do that on Wikipedia. :D

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

STOP...

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm telling you lads......level up with one of these and you can laugh even harder at these twerps buying TP 100 rolls at a clip

https://www.supply.com/browse?refinements=visualVariant.nonvisualVariant.Brand=Toto~BrandCategory=Toto+Bidet+Seats&nid=643831&wmh_cid=234083542&wmh_aid=15205847662&wmh_kid=302069884227&gclid=CjwKCAjwgbLzBRBsEiwAXVIygJrIcChwwcl8bFlcBTMBq-rgLk6OFBxIJjCrOzmEAfiKn1jwfWMSUBoCcVIQAvD_BwE

Seriously, even just the heated seat alone makes every dump feeling like Christmas morning

[​IMG]

beac83 and Phl218 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.