1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You need to put up wall to wall mirrors, so you've got somebody to compete against :)

Chino52405, tl1098, R Acree and 4 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]

3. That's funny, because that is exactly what the wife said. :D

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

With all the talk about AI and how AI will change the world and AI this and AI that, how come all these supercomputing AI can't figure out what this virus will do? Can't get the same answer from any two sources. AI has been tremendously useful in speeding up the search for a vaccine, Oak Ridge National Lab is on it. But when it comes to modeling the outbreak it seems like the whiz bang machinery falls flat. Or we just aren't seeing the accurate results because of all the horseshit being tossed around.

I don't understand AI.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Because it is all designed to do really important stuff like remind you periodically that you have turned your existence over to Google for access to free email.

nd4spd and Phl218 like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Or maybe that’s just what Skynet wants us to think.... it can’t figure it out yet...

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He also doesn't have to go to the grocery store. Or anywhere really.

11. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It just occurred to me. This whole thing is because of white people not Chinese. White folks always got to be traveling and taking weird vacations to places no brotha would consider. Like Europe. Or Asia.

Black folk sufferin needlessly because white folks can't stay the fk home.

:moon:

Lawn Dart and tl1098 like this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Y'all damn honkies need to stay home then... :Poke:

:D

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Oh hell no. I still have lots of riding to do in weird places white folks like to go.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Because of people. They are too dang unpredictable, like a few thousand spring breakers massing on beach. Also see some moron calling his 1000 person church in for worship. Or people completely holed up eating canned goods and frozen food. Or people fleeing NYC and going somewhere else. It is just too many unknown variables.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Do they hire civilians for that stuff?? A couple of companies I worked for have offered to build temp structures but no bites from anywhere so far. Just mights and maybes.

Chino52405 likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Has anyone hear from Buckwild or T? I'm concerned about how they will fare when their women go a couple weeks without getting their hair or nails done.

Spang308 likes this.
  19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Funny you bring up hair. I ran to the store yesterday for my weekly grocery run. Starting to see all kinds of roots coming through, but the funniest was this older woman. Clearly, orange isn’t her natural hair color, but it was hysterical to me to see this giant patch of gray on top with a solid delineation line of gray/orange.

R Acree likes this.
  20. I put a great video explaining Covid in the YouTube thread. It’s made by a doctor (surgeon), but it’s very easy for anyone to understand. He lays out how Covid works, from the time you touch it till the time some people die. He uses a white board with a drawing of a torso, and explains what happens step by step.

He explains what exactly it does, who is at a higher risk (and why). He is actually funny and entertaining in the video.

BTW - for the doubter(s), he also covers why we have no natural immunity to it, which means that EVERY person who comes in contact with it, will get infected/sick. How sick, obviously depends on other factors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.