1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

2. Quicktoy

I thought all of Africa besides South Africa was part of the EU now?

Slider82 likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Molon labe

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Exactly. Let the backpedaling commence.

Current mortality rate in US is .013%, obviously that number might not be dead nuts accurate but I'll take that over people just pulling random assumptions out of their ass.

TurboBlew and cav115 like this.
  5. As fucked up as that sounds, that is exactly what is happening in Peru right now. There are videos of guards patrolling the streets with automatic weapons, looking for anyone who is breaking the curfew.

6. You are right. There is not.

If that is the closest thing you can find to backup your misquotes of me saying "Ghana has better healthcare and testing than the US", you are really fucking reaching.

7. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

West Virginia 3/22/2020 7:00pm: "As of March 22, 2020, at 7:00 p.m., 460 residents have been tested for COVID-19, with 16 positive, 444 negative and 4 tests pending (at state lab). These numbers include positive and negative tests from the state’s public health lab, commercial labs and hospitals."

Affected counties are: "The state breakdown of cases by county are three individuals from Jefferson County, one individual from Jackson County, three individuals from Kanawha County, two from Marshall County, two from Mercer County, two from Monongalia County, one from Putnam County and two individuals from Tucker County. All cases are travel related."

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. Lawd hammercy, Mexico is now saying they wont even accept packages from certain countries.

The wife needs to get some Seamans books sent from guys in EU, but Mexico wont accept them.

That's just fucking stupid. Do they realize how long it takes to get a package from Europe? The dude could have the highest concentration of the Covid virus ever, and could simultaneously sneeze, cough, spit, puke, and jerk off all over the Seamans book, and that shit would be dead long before it even left Europe.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Except for the humans that handle the packages.

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

lulz

motoboy likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Do what? "Cabins, campgrounds and day-use areas remain open for public use. Please continue to enjoy all that our parks and forests have to offer. Take a hike, bike a mountain trail, fish in an open stream or simply escape to your nearest park for a little relaxation during these trying times." See this: https://wvstateparks.com/travel-alert/

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ah, good to see we’re still under deathwatch moving pictures...

I gotta say, I’m bored with the hysteria already. Can’t we change the channel and get some fresh drama, this one’s played out.

boxcrash, 418 and cav115 like this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hmmm...

Investigating now...

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well shit, what had happened was, apparently, the cabin owner called my buddy who put the trip together, and told him they were closed.

Having said that, I'm not sure if it was bullshit, or not, for whatever reason. Anywho, we won't be visiting WV this coming weekend. I'll just go to the farm, and ride with the kids. I'd rather teach them how to ride anyway.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So that is .000255555555 %

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am just trying to get home because at this point there are a whole lot of "experts" giving opinions and a whole bunch of question marks. MSP is a ghost town, flight attendants and gate agents are looking stressed and the only people who seem happy are the mask wearing fucktards that are going on their incredible journey because tickets are cheap.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Saw that, they aren’t playing around there.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Reality is you shouldn’t even have been thinking about that at this point. It’s a very foolish way of thinking. Stay in your area and use common sense.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Once again, you keep selectively choosing what you want to hear. I didn't say how lethal it is, I said that because it is so easily spread, and because it was allowed to cover the globe in such a short period of time, it has the ability to overwhelm the healthcare system and that creates a logistical problem that could cause more people to die than necessary. Cuomo is in the midst of saying that this is happening in NY/NYC right now.....fine, we'll assume he's lying through his teeth and just wants money, it has nothing to do with cases piling up and running out of resources to properly treat these people.

And any attempt to display caution, listen to them asking us to exercise social distancing etc does the same apparently.

So once again I'll ask the same question (the one that still no one on the other side of the fence has offered any answer to). Clearly you think the current response is over the top and unnecessary. What is the proper response in your eyes? Is it simply to do nothing and go about business as usual? Gather in crowds and allow the virus to spread through the entire populace as quickly as possible? Give me something to work with because thus far its been nothing but saying stop over-reacting.

Monsterdood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.