1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone please explain to me...

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Feb 21, 2002.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dang, could Tardholio have been helpful for the first time? Someone please say he's lying! [​IMG]

p.s. I don't have anything against lint. Just want to know how and why...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Papa,
    I blame the religious right and the bleeding heart liberals. It's a plot to undermine the American social fabric, to bring about a total social/ Economic upheaval to usher in the age of a Ross Perot/ Steven Segal/ Microsoft financed coup . The end result being.....
    Wait, you were taking about drier lint?.....Nevermind! [​IMG]

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Dave, did you run out of medicine again? Watch out, there're coming to take you away ...

4. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

<From the one that does all the laundry - me!!!>

The lint filter is positioned right where the hot air (not Tom) exits the machine to the outside. That's how the lint gets there.

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Maybe lint is really fart dust and the more you fart the more lint you get in your dryer. [​IMG]

6. Lucky

Lucky professional lurker

If this is true, then you'd have so much lint in your dryer, you wouldn't be able to dry the clothes. [​IMG]

7. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

It looks like Papa's fallen out of the chopper and into the dryer.

8. WERA29

Ya know, that could explain why it takes so long to dry the clothes and we have to empty the lint trap quite often. [​IMG]

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The appliance manufacturers have used space age technology developed by NASA (well, really stolen by the Army from the aliens at Roswell then transferred to NASA to further obfuscate the entire Area 51 issue) to replicate the force known as the "Belly Button Effect". The BBE has the ability to draw lint from the surrounding area to itself and then contain said lint until it is picked out by the end user of the dryer (or eblly button). The are now working on sending up BBE sattellites to place more powerful BBE transmitting units on other planets to work with the new lint based space shuttle due out in late 2005. Right now the only issue is finding the right powersource for the BBE transmitters, currently they run on methane although that would necessitate the placement of either Tards or cows nearby for unlimited supply of fuel, hence the delay while searching for a supply that doesn't need oxygen to maintain itself. This is actually leading to a breeding program of methane breathing Tards that for now is top secret however field testing has been done at some obscure motorcycle roadraces recently.

10. WERA29

ROTFLMAO! [​IMG]

So that's who that big goofy guy was that stunk up our pits Saturday night at TGPR. [​IMG]

They'd need one helluva shuttle to launch him into space! [​IMG]

11. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

Does anyone know where I can get non-breatheable E Z Up walls? I wanna build a "bomb proof shelter", and the methane trio are NOT invited! [​IMG]

12. WERA29

I recommend fortifying your tent. [​IMG] It's the only option considering there are too many of us and not enough Ez-Up walls to keep us out. [​IMG]

13. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Actually, it was this theory that led Stephen Hawking to conduct his mathematical treatise on Black Holes. A black hole's gravitation energy is so strong that not even light can escape it. Much in the same way that lint cannot escape the power of the BBE. Seriously.

14. lightsmith

lightsmith Seenyer Member

It's not where it comes from or even how, but what to do with it. In the third world, they make more sweaters. It's sort of a perpetual motion thing. Here in the states, some riders have found that they can make their own air filters with it. Put your filter frame in where the lint trap screen goes and dry away. For dustier tracks, leave it in longer. For more power, apply less lint.

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

This just in....

GREENPEACE TO PROTEST CERTAIN OBSCURE MOTORCYCLE ROADRACING EVENTS.

Greenpeace has announced a plan of action against what it claims to be a newly-revealed source of methane, a "greenhouse" gas linked to global warming.

A spokesperson for the environmental action group reports Greenpeace has obtained information via the Internet that a "heretofor unknown small but environmentally hazardous band of brigands that refer to themselves as 'Tards' or 'Tard Row'" are developing humanoid creatures that produce the highly flammable and odiferous gas.

The spokeperson also charges that this group, which Greenpeace terms "potentially one of the most dangerous threats to the world environment", has conducted illegal experiments with clothes dryer lint.

An Internet discussion group, although somewhat unreliable, has speculated that "Tard Row" has links to events near Roswell, NM during the mid-20th century and with secret US Army and NASA operations, according to Greenpeace.

"Groups such as these are criminal and need to be brought to justice", the spokesperson said."

"They present a clear and present danger to the future of life on this planet. Our action will expose these terrorists for once and all. We will present the evidence we obtain to the World Court for prosecution of crimes against humanity by 'The Tards'".

Exact plans for where the protest will take place are "still being fomulated", the source said. The source did indicate that one site frequented by "Tard Row" is near Anniston, AL, where it was recently reported that the streams and groundwater in the area are contaminated by PCB, a highly carcingenic substance.

"They have also been planning to gather at the site of a former coal mine in central Pennsylvania," the source said, although the exact dates of events in that location ae still unclear.

16. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

The way the lint thing works is that once it fills up in your dryer, it does the "Bewitched" thing and magically appears under your bed when your not looking. But then, how many of you actually look under your bed on a regular basis? I guess that could be a whole new topic, kind of like how when you are standing on a chair and see the top of your refridgerator for the first time in say a year and wonder how it got so dirty.

17. WERA29

ROTFLMAO! Welcome back George, we've missed you! [​IMG]

So that's the real reason they haven't opened Rausch Creek yet. [​IMG]

18. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

A lint filter is kinda like how your mattress collects all the dead skin that falls off your body. NOW do you get it? [​IMG]

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My mattress is collecting skin??? Are you trying to obfuscate me?

20. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

No silly...but you are slowly eradicating yourself with your mattress. Just like your clothes in the dryer. [​IMG] By the way, just what DOES obfuscate mean? lol All those big words Novice230 was using the other day got me all confused. [​IMG]