1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COTA Rideshare

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhound386, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Last year (November), my wife and I stayed in downtown Austin. We took Uber / Lyft to COTA. Getting there was easy. Leaving was the tough part, and there was a massive line waiting for a rideshare to get back as hundreds of people competed for the next available ride.

After Saturday qualifying, we were looking at a 1-hour+ long wait for a ride. We got lucky and ran into a dude that had pre-booked a ride for a specific time. He was heading downtown as well, and we hopped in with him and split the fare. We ended up pre-booking the Sunday ride after the races, and funny enough, we ran into the same guy as the day before, and he hitched a ride back with us. We picked up another person as well, so it made the fare less expensive for everyone.

I think attendance will be up this year, and the rideshare fees have probably gone up proportionally with fuel.

That said, we'll be doing the same this year. We'll be pre-booking the Uber / Lyft back to downtown Austin after Saturday qualifying and the Sunday races. Exact time is of course TBD and depends on a number of variables, but if anyone wants to hitch a ride with us, you're in! If we have folks interested, let me know in advance, and I'll update this thread with the times when we pre-book. We're staying on E 7th St in downtown Austin; hotel is called Aloft. Remember that there are cheap e-scooters everywhere, so even if you're a couple of miles away from our hotel, it's an easy scooter ride back to yours.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

But yes, great trick! Thanks for the heads up:)

3. Nice of him to share his ride with you, should’ve taken him to dinner