1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornering Low as learned from a Prominent University

Discussion in 'General' started by paistes5, Jan 4, 2010.

1. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I couldn't think of a good thread title, so that'll have to do. :D

Anyway, today was my first day back in the work force after a nice 4 month forced vacation and I am tired. Who knew that getting up at O dark thirty and sitting in cube city could be so tiresome? And to top in all off, I moved north and drove this crappy rental car to the office in a hell of a snowstorm. That was fun.

First impressions of Michigan are actually pretty good, other than the frostbite on my head and trying to figure out why the hell the ice scraper is three feet long. It'll be nice to have my own vehicle next week and get out and about a little bit more.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

What city did you move to?

3. bblath

bblath Guest

welcome to ice and snow hell.

oh, and the birth place and breeding ground of all orange construction cones.

4. paistes5

I moved to Detroit.

5. ton

ton Arf!

oh lord.

see ya at grattan!
    :beer:

6. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

oh lord...what part of detroit, and where you working at? We'll have to have a beeb meet up for a beer.

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

at least the Detroit area hasnt beeen getting hammered with snow :D...... go 2 hours n/w and you'd be up to your eyes in it :D

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

He`s on 8 mile. Was in cube city writing lyrics. LOL. Glad you had a safe trip, good luck on the new job.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

would have been nice if you could have worked the "blinding ignorance" thing into the title......:crackup:

10. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

If you moved downtown, I'm the other person that lives there.:D

Welcome to Detroit!

11. paistes5

I'm in Novi right now and that wasn't snow this morning? :wow:

Glad I'll be back in the F-250 next week.

12. bblath

bblath Guest

:D

13. Rookie

Rookie -

Welcome to hell! Glad you found work.... And yes, see you at Grattan...... Only 2 hours from Novi.

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

May I ask what in the **** actually got you to move to Detroit? PM me if you are too shy to post it in public. I am actually curious who was still hiring in that city. Give my best to Mayor Bing ... he seems like a great guy, but needless to say he has an uphill battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

You are now a YANKEE :crackup::crackup:
    Enjoy the winters in the frozen tundra :beer:

16. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

No....that was no where near snow this morning. of course, the road iced over and effed up my morning drive. Novi is a fun area.

17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Went to school in Flint, hung out all over Detroit. It "snows" after about a foot and a half... everything short of that are just flurries. I hated MI, but then again, I am NOT a cold weather person.

In all seriousness... good luck up there. :beer:

18. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be damned!

19. paistes5

Moved here for a job. I do contracts for capital equipment and I'm doing the contracts for a new battery plant. I tried to stay in Alabama but I had no gubmint experience, so I had to go where the job was.

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Uff da. Detroit be where the weak are killed and eaten, but only after they're extorted out of all their moola. :D

Welcome to the show (glad I got away! HA!)!