1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool old pics... got any ?

Discussion in 'General' started by iomfan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Couple I found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Eddie says: " I got this" .....

Example of how The Evil Red Empire flooded the grid trying to beat Muzzy & Co.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I love those early 80's Honda F bikes. I have an 80 and 81 750 in my shop (both in 1000 pieces) that I will put back together and bring to the track.

Some day.

4. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Would love to have a street version of the '82 Honda superbike or '79 Yoshimura GS1000 superbike. Somebody in the UK builds versions of the Wes Cooley/Yosh GS1000's.

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I owned an 81" CB750F for a while. It was a fun bike. Handled very well for being so big. I had pod filters, 4-1 header, sticky tires and some progressive shocks. It was fun until the crank got too much play and started killing stators left and right...

6. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Well-Known Member

Here is a good one.

Attached Files:

7. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

The best thing about this photo is the second wave in the background just waiting I would love to see a 2 wave superbike race at daytona again.

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

IF memory serves there were prolly 3 waves in that pic...

9. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Nan, the coolest thing was those cool a$$ Moto Fox leathers!

10. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Holy Mollie!!!

Look at those grids!!!!!!! :up::up::up:

11. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

That is so cool. '85 ?

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the front bike laying a darkie all the way around that corner? That is awesome!

13. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Here's my poor man's version of a Yosh tribute GS1000 at the Barber Vintage Fest last October. Lots more mods this winter and hope to roll it out at Tally in February. My daily commuter is an '83 CB1100F that I'd love to put on the track some day. It's a beast.

[​IMG]

14. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I've got some pics of the V & H CB1100F dragbike at the '82 or '83 Gatornational's drag races I took. There's a guy around here that deals with Chris Birkle at RSS that has a real nice CB1100F he rides on the street.

15. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Those are'nt old bikes, those are water cooled.... :p

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So was this one...

[​IMG]

17. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Need some pics of that CB. I had one, would like to find another. Even though I hated it when I got my Hurricane, I want one again.

18. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Not only were there 3 waves, but there were about 160-180 riders trying to qualify for the the 80 starting positions.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yep, that's 1985, first year the 200 was Superbikes. It was hard to ID the riders at that race because they did this weird thing in assigning numbers by their finish in the previous year's points. By coincidence, Freddie Spencer finished 19th in the 1984 Superbike points. Wes Cooley #9, Pietri #4, Merkel #1, Ron Haslam #601. I think the #2 Yamaha is Sam McDonald. Don't know about the #3, but the number on the plate looks like a dirt track graphic. Jimmy Filice? All the way to the left looks like the #15 of dirt tracker Jeff Haney. He made the podium with Spencer and Cooley. At the back of the first wave is #289, Kevin Schwantz. He qualified third fastest for the race, but fried his clutch on the start.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  20. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

true dat
    1st time racin Daytoona and 1st pro race and made the show...I was one happy camper