1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ContourROAM HD Sale..

Discussion in 'General' started by jdanhires, Dec 18, 2011.

1. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Can anyone here say whether they are as good or equal to the GoPro?

I've read reviews but was just looking for someone who has used the Contour on the track.

2. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

:( amazon wont ship it out to me here in australia :( assholes!

cheers.joe.

3. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

At this price...
    A year from now if you realize you don't need it you can sale it for more than you paid. On my local BBS guys are selling older models $40 more than this one.

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

My Contour+ is a bit glitchy but the biggest thing I like about them is the on/off switch and I think the picture quality is better than the GoPro. We'll see how the Roam stacks up aginst the +.
    http://contour.com/stories/cmra-tws-b-superbike

Side note, when I have had issues Contour has been very helpful and supportive.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Got mine in from UPS today and it looks good!

6. sowega

sowega #710

I got mine today. As soon as I find a decent MicroSD card, I'll post up some side by side comparisons

7. Blackhalo

Blackhalo Well-Known Member

Got mine today as well, haven't opened it yet as I'm not sure why I bought it. Good deal though, thanks for posting it up.

8. Slowestrider

Slowestrider Well-Known Member

Any one with voice/sound issue at current purchase? TIA.

9. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

You can adjust audio sensitivity. Rumor has it that it's set pretty low out of the box.

10. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

There are comparison videos on YouTube that show split screen the GoPro vs. Contour and more like the ReplayXD and some other one I can't remember. The GoPro seems lighter, like the brightness is all the way up so in low light it will proabaly work better, but in daylight, I like the look of the Contour best. Just my preference, based on those vids. Not experience.

11. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Talk about fast shipping....
    Mines came in the mail today...

[​IMG]

12. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

Just opened mine too! Wife is all pissy she didn't get to wrap it for me..lol

13. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Mine too! Overnight shipping feels like getting bumped to first class.

14. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Does it come with any sort of mounting hardware? I'd imagine it would have to be "ContourROAM" specific.

15. RR EH

RR EH Member

Tried the code and no workey :down:

Can anyone who got one tell me who the seller was?

Thanks
    Ed

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Code doesnt work :down:

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

There are two mounts included in the kit. I spied more available online. I'm still not sure how I'm going to mount this on my helmet though. It looks like the options are limited to the sides of the helmet.

Very slick setup! I already like it better than my old GoPro out of the box. But the proof will be in the video and hopefully I'll get a chance to play with that next week.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

+1

19. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I should be getting mine today. Ordered it Monday afternoon. Psyched.

20. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Sorry fellas as it sounds like you tried to get in too late in the game. See below!

Get the ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder for $89
    For a limited time, get the ContourROAM hands-free HD camcorder for only $89 when you purchase from from Amazon.com. To take advantage of this offer, simply add the qualifying camcorder from the list below to your Shopping Cart, enter promotional code 89ROAM89, and we'll automatically reduce the price at checkout.

One discount per customer; limit of one product per customer. This offer is valid through December 23, 2011, or while supplies last, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site. See full terms and conditions.

Click on link if you don't trust me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...0_pe_hero/?docId=1000760861&tag=5336612416-20