1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contengency - Where is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by R Hood, Jun 10, 2002.

1. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

It is now June and i (plus all the other racers) have not received any of the contengency tire certs (Pirelli/Metzler) or cash (Aprilia $$) from the races in 2002 -- what gives ?

i must add that I have received my GMD certs - thanks kent and tracie

where's the pirelli certs - please do not tell me the certs are being held up because of the move..

That's like me telling Moose or Greg, sorry guys I can't pay my tab today - I moved and I can not find my credit card, but once I settle in, I'll get my card to you immediately. Moose would throw me out of the truck and get his friend sledge after me.

I am not naming names (but I can) -- But someone needs to get off of their duff and send the tire certs out.

The tire distributors expect prompt payment for services - well guess what -- So Do I......

I have heard some information about the Aprilia $$'s -- seems CCS racers have received $$$ from their Mille finishes, but WERA racers have not? Seems fishy to me.. Again - get off your duffs and send in the information or send out the $$$ - which ever it may be..

Believe it or not -- it takes a lot of $$ to participate in a race weekend. If the corporate tire guy does not send out the certs, how does he expect us to pay for the tires? or even better - does he think we wil continue using his tire, since he and his company has not lived up to their side of the contract. The reason why I am on Pirelli's is because of Moose, Greg and the contengency. Trust me I an still be friends with Moose and Greg and run Michelins with Walt/Buff or Dunlops with Steve. It really does not matter if Michelin is not given out contengency in 2002 - PirelliMetzler has not so far in 2002, either. Plus, there is no sight of when they (Pirelli) will be sending them out.. telephone calls are not returned..

Regarding motorcycle contengency...
    If the racing organization does not send in the results in a timely manner or the motorcyle corporation does not send out the $$$, then how do you expect us to keep on paying for the races?

Another National has passed and yet no Tire Certs or Aprilia $$$.

This is becoming pathetic..

I have stepped down from my soap box - so please continue with what you where doing.

Richard Hood......

Last edited: Jun 10, 2002
  2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We received some of our Pirelli certs last week. Give Rich Munson a call. :)

3. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Paige,

thanks for the update, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel - and it is not a train.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hopefully they will start rolling in much faster than before. We only received the certs from one race so hopefully the rest will come this week.

5. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

I got some cert. on friday for round 3 (CMP) results and only for three wins instead of four !? Where are the cert. for two previous rounds and one more win at CMP ???
    It's kinda bummer the way the contingency is handled (what's up with the "moving" excuse ?
    We are halfway thru the season and the budget is geting thinner every race weekend. I'm pretty sure that lots of people is using P/M for their good reputation AND contingency program but so far I don't have anything good to say about the way the contingency is handled. I have not raced last year so I don't know how it was handled last year.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One slowdown with M/P was the move - especially since we sent the stuff to the new address, the day before they told us to ship everything to Rich in PA. Hoepfully it'll smooth out soon and be better than ever.

With Aprilia, they have all the results up to now and we also changed the reporting format at their request to help speed things up. The only event no sent out is VIR and it's going out tomorrow (might have gone out Thursday but I don't think so).

7. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

thanks for the update..

Hey Rich - what is the status on the M/P certs.

8. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Yeah Hood, I know what you mean. I received Certs for one round late last week. I have also received no Suzuki Money. They are into me for about 125.00. I spoke with Munson before VIR and he assured me that they would be out that week. I guess he only got to one round. Sorry, but I find the moving excuse a bit bullcrappy. He didn't move and is working out of his house. I know it's hard to stuff those envelopes but they owe me about 410.00 more.

Mongo, when we filled out our Suzuki Contigency forms at Tally, there was some confusion as to who was supposed to send it in. The guy in tech took my forms to send in. Is this the way or was I supposed to mail it in myself? Has the race report been sent to Suzuki? Thanks.

9. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

$410.00

They owe me $3950.00 to date and I have recieved 0

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No confusion really since it doesn't matter who sends it in. It all goes to the same place.

Like I've said, EVERYTHING has gone out up to the Cycle Jam. That means EVERYTHING to EVERY contingency sponsor - again - that is ALL of them.

I don't know about Aprilia but with Suzuki it has to go through a few different people to get cecks cut and some of those people have to be one the road as well so it may take a while.

I realize that you all feel you have earned this money but keep in mind one major thing - if these sponsors didn't pay do you really think that the losses in racebikes would adversley affect their bottom line? As an example I give you Honda.... In other words, don't depend on the money to go racing and be happy when it shows up. Anything less than 3 months is doing pretty good. Be ecstatic if it's earlier.

11. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

I realize that you all feel you have earned this money but keep in mind one major thing - if these sponsors didn't pay do you really think that the losses in racebikes would adversley affect their bottom line? As an example I give you Honda.... In other words, don't depend on the money to go racing and be happy when it shows up. Anything less than 3 months is doing pretty good. Be ecstatic if it's earlier. [/B][/QUOTE]

Very True!

12. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

You know if you didn't win everything, it wouldn't be that much... I'd be happy to share in your pain. :D