1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy theory of the day- Do bike manufacters "control" which brands own each series?

Discussion in 'General' started by 05Yamabomber, Oct 15, 2017.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im really throwing this crazy idea. Seems that different brands dominate different series.. Almost seems "Fixed".

WSBK- Kawasaki
    BSB Ducati
    MA- Yamaha (until Elias)

I do believe some series are important than others to invest in. Just seems weird that different brands seem to dominate different series.

How "cray cray" am I for thinking this?

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Well Ducati used to pretty much own WSBK.

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. No conspiracy.

Everyone wants to win. However, the amount of money they are willing to spend trying to win varies by country and series.

Not to mention things like rider talent, experience, injuries, etc.

No conspiracy in BSB. A Kawasaki, BMW, or Yamaha could have won BSB this year had some things gone differently.

Ducati has won a ton of races in WSBK (more wins than Kawi last year), unfortunately Chaz also had more DNFs. No conspiracy, Chaz just hasn't been consistent enough in his losses. In other words, not winning isn't the end...as long as you still finish 2nd-3rd. But his losses seem to usually be DNFs. Too many 0 point days.

On any given year, Yamaha or Suzuki have a chance to win in MA. It was Suzuki for the longest, then Yamaha, now Suzuki. That is because of the personnel changes over the years (riders). There is no conspiracy, it is just because no other OEMs have given a shit about AMA/MA.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Mot Okstef and K8busa like this.
  4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

It's all about the money. Follow the $$$$ and you will find your answer. You mentioned MA but other brands have dominated there too. (AMA, DMG days, etc.). What about the Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki dominated years in the past? Without 100% manufacturer support (i.e. $$$$) you have little chance of dominating or winning a championship in any series.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Complete horseshit!

but, but, but, no, horseshit!

No!

Mot Okstef likes this.
  6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So what I'm reading is...

Honda ain't paying the vig? ;)

8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

It would be brilliant for each manufacture to "own" a championship to sell bikes. Even on rotation yearly.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

If there was a conspiracy it would be with he sanctioning bodies allowing competetive advantages to manufacturers.... and honestly it happens in all racing and always has and will at different times.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Ask Jim Allen.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They are pulling the strings of the FIM and the OEMs.

[​IMG]

05Yamabomber likes this.