1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congratulations to Gerloff!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ahab, May 5, 2014.

1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

That guy has finally arrived. He's where he's supposed to be… at the front. It's good to see him get a clean win. :beer: to him and his family.

And to Beaubier too. He beat Hayes straight up. There's still young American talent here… even if the racing series doesn't do it justice.

Rock on--

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Let's wait and see what happens at Road America when it really counts and everyone shows up....

4. Wow. :rolleyes:

A simple "Congrats to Garrett" would have been sufficient.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It was a great race and Bobby kept up the pressure the whole race.

6. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Both were awesome races.
    Boobietitties needs to work on his celebration lap.
    He flung the bike down coming in to turn 9 after a nice wheelie down the hill.
    I felt bad for the kid. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

7. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

congrats to Gerloff for sure. I met him at the homestead round a couple seasons back when he was coming off the injury at Daytona. He was pretty frustrated at the time. i'm pretty sure he'll be running up front with the big boys at road america.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You still coming Shakey?

9. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

have a good time up there! :Poke:

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Always Jeffrey!!! :beer:

11. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I think he'll hold his own don't you? He qualified on the front row at Daytona with everyone there, crashed in the race and still finished 5th. I wouldn't be surprised if he set the fastest lap during the race to do that? It's a tough class for sure with some very fast young guys and some very fast not so young dudes. Given Gerloff's age, attitude, character, etc, and his talent, I think he's one of our best hopes to move into international racing and do well. Not many are better suited at this point but I'm getting way ahead of myself. Yep, looking forward to Road America…

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, good point, nothing outside of the DMG paddock counts or matters anyway.

Ya know what - screw you.

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

:stupid:

15. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

And by the way, Meen Motorsports was at the event last weekend, running bikes for Tyler O'Hara and Erick Sanchez.

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sounds like someone's a bit worried for their rider...

17. 418

418 Expert #59

:confused: WTF.

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I know it's been :bow: before but

THANK YOU to Team Hammer, Geico, Yamaha, Arai and all the other supporters and racers that put together the 3-race series to bolster the flagging AMA program.

If y'all could just come east and add Road Atlanta, Homestead and New Orleans there'd be a complete racing schedule in this country :D (j/k, it's probably near impossible to pull off what you've done out there, much less expand)

Anyway, y'alls efforts have breathed some life into the race scene this year. Nice work.

19. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

lol. just keep the emphasis on "wait" and you're good. ;)

vince
    :D

20. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

MOTUL.

cant neglect the support out of pomona...

vince
    :D