1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert tickets (specifically Metallica)

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Jun 27, 2016.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Just saw their only concert for 2016 will be Aug. 20th at the new stadium in Minneapolis. I've only been to 2 concerts.... small ones, and always wanted to go see Metallica. :rock:

See tickets went on sell back in March, and sold out in 10 min. I hear that the big ticket companies (Stubhub, TicketMaster) buy up a lot of them, then resell at higher cost. This wouldn't surprise me, but is that legal/allowed?

I checked Ticketmaster and they show SOLD OUT. Checked Stubhub, and there are quite a few available from low 100's to 200+.

I find it odd one has none, and the other has some, or is it just me?

Anyone have any other ideas where to possibly find tickets, or should I trust the Stubhub site?

rpj likes this.
  2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I have two individual tickets I'm going to sell, but they're not together. Lower level, Section 120 and Section 116.

We're flying up for the weekend and a group of us ended up with general admission floor tickets. I've seen them before a few times, but this sounded like a fun weekend. :timeforabeer:

SpeedyTide likes this.
  3. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Seeing up close would be a bonus, but just to be in house with chance to be there seeing them would rock!!

Will you sell separately? If so, how much for 1 ticket?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, from what I know, stubhub is individuals selling their tickets and stubhub takes a percentage. Ticketmaster just buys them and scalps them to suckers.

Skip area cock rock, go to your local club and see a much smaller band. That band can use your $20 for something worth while while Metallica will just waste it gas up their private jet.

backbone likes this.
  5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

buy on Ticketmaster before sold out. sell on Stubhub for considerably more. profit.

saw Metallica in SF in 2002 or 2003. great show.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

F@ck Metallica. The Descendents are coming to First Avenue in September.:rock:

backbone likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If he was talking about going to see Aeroshit, the Rolling Bones, Van Halen, or some other shitty band who's members should have OD'd years ago I'd agree but this is METALLICA.

8. ton

ton Arf!

who, while still putting on a strong live show last time i saw them maybe 10 years ago, are touring entirely on the legacy of the last of their good output. from 1988. that's right, they've sucked (on record) for 25 years.

btw, OP, definitely go see them. it's a band that'll be worth the shitshow if you've never seen them before

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

1990 - lots of the "diehards" say that they sold out with the black album but it's easily the most popular metal album ever, and good from beginning to end. The garage one in 98 wasn't bad either, but it's mainly junk they've been playing/jamming live all along.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw them twice. First time we were way under age, couldn't get in and bribed the bouncer to let us in the fire door as long as no one noticed us. We went by accident, we thought Overkill (who we thought was on the bill) was the Cal punk band.

Kind of an interesting show for your Metallica fanboys. :D

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Barry Manilow is popular...

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That joke is before my beeb-time.

13. ton

ton Arf!

I'll admit that the black album was a great hard rock/pop record. But it was still 26 years ago. Garage, Inc was a covers record, and a compilation at that. Metallica: world's greatest covers band :beer:

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We were going to haul the kid in and see them at the Fillmore until I saw who the opening band was. Can't really explain why a band is named F@cked Up and what it means. :D

Old punks don't die, they just stand in the back! :D

15. ton

ton Arf!

aw, heck. i can't resist reposting this. it cracks me up every time.

[​IMG]

Putter likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

26 years? Dammit I'm old!!! I can remember seeing the black album in the store as a little kid and thinking it must be "devil worshiper music" because it was all black and had a snake on it:crackup:

17. Putter

I'll be way in the back. :crackup:

Rumor is some version of The Misfits may open. I gotta see the Descendents. Been on the bucket list since I was like 14.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, Danzig is (or was) singing with them and Doyle was also back. All they needed was Robo.

19. Putter

I think that was just for Riot Fest. I'm 42 years old, man. I'm sure I'll fit in just fine with Misfits fans. o_O

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What Larry and Andy? Yeah, they're okay just a little too into horror films and collecting Misfits lunch boxes. I think they're the only two fans the Jerryfits still have. :D

Putter likes this.