1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comparable fuel to VP Racing U2?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Racer117, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Racer117

Racer117 New Member

From the title, you can tell its been a while since I've had my bike on the track. NSR250. When racing with WERA west years ago, I ran this and when jetted for it, bike made 72hp vs. 68hp (100LL).

Bike has sat for many years after a fast get off at Buttonwillow. Working on getting this ready for an occassional track day. Any suggestions for a readily available fuel?

much thanks, Scott

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  2. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

100LL is low RPM, constant throttle stuff. And it isn't low in lead compared to a lot of leaded racing fuels.
    I'm a Power Mist guy myself (I use T111), but if I was going to recommend a VP fuel for a two stroke on the race track I'd lean toward C12. If you wanted to cheap out a bit, you could probably mix some of your favorite unleaded, no oxygenate (no ethanol, no ETBE, no MTBE) with the C12 as you probably don't need the octane protection that is necessary on a race bike vs the street bike two stroke.

I can't find U2 on the VP inventory list anymore.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are from Carlsbad per your profile. We used to buy F&L fuel from Ochs Oil off the 76 in vista. Mike Ochs, his son Andre raced 2 strokes too, sold the company to one of the bigger guys, but I imagine they still stock it? I know he had two locations around Vista.

https://www.google.com/search?q=och...EgQIgGAZAGAg&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#ip=1

We also ran Sunoco 110 which was available out of the pump, off the 91 and Lakeview, in Placentia, at Nickey Petroleum. Jason Aguilar’s dad, Bob, turned me onto that pump.

http://nickeypetroleum.com/

Depending on when you go out and my schedule here at work, I might be able to tag along and play pit bitch, if you could use any help? I love 2 strokes and my son ran 50,65,85,125’s on the way to diesels. :D

Rob Linders

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    galloway840, motion and cincigp like this.
  4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Just use T2. We run the T4 and it's a really good product.

5. Roger Baker

Roger Baker Well-Known Member

I use VP Q16 in my TZ250. It's oxygenated so you run a big main jet which means more oil, and it's 116 octane so it resists detonation really well. These features make it very forgiving on jetting in my experience. I don't remember the last time I changed a jet but it's been years.

Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hey Roger, are you still doing 2 stroke engine rebuilds? I have people asking me for someone frequently.

7. Roger Baker

Roger Baker Well-Known Member

I only did top ends on mine. Roland does the cranks.

motion likes this.
  8. Racer117

Racer117 New Member

Thanks for suggestions. I forgot there was some higher octane gas available in Vista. Seem to remember getting some years ago.