1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Race Questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by rwood64083, Feb 10, 2014.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I breezed through the CMRA forums for info on the combined endurance races. Never been to that forum and I didn't spend a whole lot of time there. Nothing personal towards either site, one forum is more than enough to kill a lot of my time so I stick with WERA.

There were a couple of good questions asked:

Should endurance teams be concerned with how bikes are safety wired when attending a race hosted by the other organization? I assume both clubs have similar requirements. Just want to make sure taking our bikes through CMRA Tech will be more streamline. That, and I'm not wanting to do any last minute or late night drilling and wiring.

In the event an CMRA endurance team has the same race number as a WERA endurance team, will one of the teams be changing numbers? It was suggested the hosting organizations team(s) have priority.

Also, any team running a number 1 plate may be allowed to keep it.
    (this won't be an issue for our team :D )
    So we could potentially see multiple number 1 plates?

If I'm understanding this correctly:
    Points will be awarded to CMRA and WERA separately for each of the LW, MW and HW teams.
    An endurance team will not gain points in the other organizations points standings unless paying the other organizations entry fees. Although, if wanting to participate in the other organizations endurance points standings, an additional race license with the other organization is not required.

I'm uncertain about awards. Are podium spots given to both organizations teams combined (top three finishers in each class, regardless of which organization they came from, on the podium)? Or is each organization handling their awards separately? Personally I'd like to see WERA's top 3 in each class get podium, CMRA's top 3 in each class get podium, then a single overall winner in each class (WERA and CMRA combined). Let us know when you guys have some things ironed out. Give us an idea what we're shooting for.

I'm not familiar with US National Endurance. It's a separate entity? A club racing organization? Something recently started, and snuck in on us, or has it been around awhile?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Electronic scoring should handle any number issues, I'm thinking an X (or maybe even a C or a W) on the team that isn't a normal host club team.

We aren't going to require licensing but we will be awarding points to ALL teams at the WERA rounds.

Podium spots will be for what you earn in class/overall as well, there won't be separate podiums - you'll be racing all the teams in your class.

USNE is a series we created that will do separate points for the 4 rounds and will have it's own year end awards and those events will have some special awards that will have nothing to do with the host club or the WERA or CMRA series. It'll be a series within the other series essentially but you don't need anything special to enter it. We are talking more beer for those too :D

3. rwood64083

Thanks!

[​IMG]

4. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

At the CMRA hosted rounds at TWS and Hallet, would a WERA team pay the CMRA $50 per hour entry fee or the $100 per hour WERA fee?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Almost positive we're doing the fees the host club charges normally.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

CMRA requires brake lever guards on all bikes. Will that requirement be in place for WERA teams at the combined events?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doubt it. Going to get with Walter this week hopefully and get all those details nailed down.

8. rwood64083

Regardless of hosting org, they're installed on my bikes.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, they should be on all of them especially Endurance machines. I'm looking at requiring them for 2015 but need to check on availability for all machines including Vintage and the other oddball stuff we have run with us.

10. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

theres a few different types and they are all pretty much universal. And most of the guys running vintage machines can fabricate them anyway.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know what's out there and not necessarily.

12. jadeblue1

jadeblue1 Well-Known Member

Hello Endurance racers - just wanted to drop everyone here a note, say Hi, and share some information about the "8 hours of Texas" endurance race next month. We sure hope some of you can make it out to the this event- we have some special things planned for you!

For visiting WERA teams - we will be inserting you into the front part of the grid based on where you finished in your season last year, more details on this will be posted in the next release.

The classes are: Heavyweight/A Sbk, Middleweight/C Sbk, Lightweight/Formula 2 ** 1997 & older 600cc machines are allowed to run in Lightweight /Formula 2**

We have 38 teams so far, and are looking forward to meeting some more of you! The release below has some rules & entry information - please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions! For specific bike or tech questions, email Walter Walker at [email protected]

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...or-round-one-of-us-national-endurance-series/

13. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I would love to come to Texas!!

14. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

15. cdill35

cdill35 Well-Known Member

Be careful coming off that banking into T1, on a Superbike, with a noob on an SV ahead. :eek:

The sketchiness will get your adrenaline going for sure!