1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colonel bounced from Army for stopping lesbian makeout session

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SGVRider, Nov 14, 2014.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

http://www.counton2.com/story/27381...ied-to-stop-lesbian-officers-make-out-session

There's got to be more to this story than this. I know the Army is idiotic, but forcing a good officer into retirement over this? The 2 hussies were doing their heavy petting at a formal Army event. I'd expect any officer, let alone a Lt. Col., to put an immediate stop to it whether they were lesbos, gay men, or straight. Those 2 women should be the ones being forced out of the Army for their conduct. Anyone know the whole story on this?

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

More of the world going mad. Black is white, up is down. Obamaland...

3. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

What a damn minute...before this gets out of hand, were they hot? And where is the video?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is there any implications of the one woman being higher ranking than the other?

5. SGVRider

One was a captain, one was an Lt. They were married. I'd expect lower enlisted to act like that, not officers. They're a disgrace. The colonel was correct to stop them.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sounds like he was just trying to get people to act proper but failed to account for the current policy of protected classes. Then when they realized the guy was right the higher ups manufactured charges.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Yes.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He may as well take the retirement. It doesn't matter if he is right or not. Once this kind of thing gets into your file, particularly when they are downsizing, you are pretty much done. They will just take the same action with a different justification.

9. SGVRider

I spent a fair amount of time with the US Army. My guess is that there's more to the story. Most likely they already had it in for the Col. for some reason and used this as an excuse to get rid if him. It disgusts me that a man upholding the standards of the US Army would lose his career over it. They like to indoctrinate you about upholding the values of the US Army, but when push comes to shove the careerist scum in charge don't believe in it themselves.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZHiyxevBg

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

All sounds stupid. But that dude looks pretty old for an LTC.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Did you miss the "C?"

13. SGVRider

He might've been a non-standard type commissioned officer. Might have started out as enlisted or warrant. He might have been a man of action type who didn't like desks too much and didn't want to do anything but fly helicopters and be in aviation. Who knows? They don't hand you silver oak leaves or let you command a squadron in combat if you suck.

14. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

The link seems very soft on the LTC. I'm sure he was a bit more aggressive than the article would have us believe. I would like to know more details about the incident. I'd also like to know why the CPT and LT didn't get article 15s for behavior unbecoming of an officer.

It is unacceptable for a hetro couple to do such things at a formal event so why is it ok for a homo couple? My wife was a LT when I was a CPT and we went to many Army formals. I would dance with her, but I wouldn't even kiss her on the cheek because soldiers were there and they follow leader's example.

Strangely, it was still fun even though we only ate, chatted with folks and danced.

15. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

It just makes the drive more fun. :D

16. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

As far as this goes, this is bullshit. I am not going to delve into the topic of gays in the military, it doesn't really matter in this case. What matters is that the actions of these individuals was inappropriate, unbecoming of an officer, and against regulations. This LtCol did exactly the correct thing. Doesn't matter if they offenders are heterosexual or homosexual. For the military to think that the good order and discipline should be ignored in a case like this is wrong. For the military to throw away decades worth of experience and leadership because of political correctness (in this case incorrectness) is even worse. Think of the message you are sending out to the troops at large. How many people are going to turn a blind-eye when they see wrong in an effort to protect their own career. I am completely disgusted with this and disappointed in the actions of the Army on this one.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I read most of the lawsuit in the pdf in the following pages. Dude did nothing wrong. He was a highly decorated pilot/CO as well. Old for a LTC? On average all of my commanding officer LtCol's have been 40-45 years old.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Military "Leaders" that talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk is exactly why I didn't stay in the USAF after almost 10 years.

This guy has integrity...I'd follow him anywhere. The Military needs more like him.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Exactly and that is how the dirtball in Texas was ignored until he went all alakbar (or whatever it is).

At least in this case the two women are not going to go on a bender if bad behavior is ignored

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

With the 1100 + Captains and slightly less Majors that have been terminated in the military lately I would bet my ass that the opportunity to get rid of a higher ranking officer is paramount within the military leadership also. I would also bet that the impetus for those decisions comes from the very top in the administration.