1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colin And Ben top 5 in test 2

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLA1, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, when I was a kid, if you didn't leave Vernon Valley bleeding, you weren't having fun. :D

I knew that area very well. Used to deal a lot with Sussex Motorsports and I think I was the only person ever to buy a Ducati from them when they had the brand. :D

Run into Jerry from the Misfits up there? He and Doyle used to drive around in those blacked out blazers with the huge spikes all over them. :crackup:

2. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

They got a chevy silverado and a suburban now - with the misfits stickers on the windows :crackup:

Yeah i broke a rib snowboarding with my son there this winter - still a lil sore :crackup:

son "you ok dad"
    me "yeah gonna walk it off"
    son "you fell hard"
    me(mumbling) "yup its broke"
    etc...

son "do we really have to leave"
    :crackup::crackup:

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Y'all consider 700 acres "huge"???

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

As do I, butt I've been rectumfried before....

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Action Park! That was the name of the "water park" over at VVGG. That place was the SHIT!!! The tennis ball tanks, the mountain slide, the go karts that if you stuck a tennis ball in the right place you could by pass the governer. Not the mention you could buy beer at 10 if you could see over the counter. :D

What's the name of the Hill Billy bar in downtown Sussex? It was in center city, right by the non working fountain? Sussex Inn or somethng like that.

I miss that area. I'm sure I'd hate it again if I ever went back though. :D

6. KILLA1

7. KILLA1

Action Park yup - company bought VVGG and AP 2-3 yrs ago, and its Mt. Creek now! Got new water slides and stuff - the kids love it!

Dad loves it cus

1 - close to home(5 min's)
    2 - we get a discount cus we live here :D

Yup Sussex inn - i know - but have you ever been to the daily planet?
    way more of a hole in the wall, but you get "entertainment"

i remember being 16 and thinking it was the best shit ever drinking and watchin "entertainment"

went there a few years ago with a bud for a good laugh, and needed some bleach for my eyes from the "entertainment" :wow:

good times :beer:

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that leave you out even today? :Poke:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hopper, don't make me climb you like a monkey climbing a tree and punch you in the brain. :D

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

11. KILLA1

:Poke: I like my blip :D

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Dave K- What yrs are we talking here?

Vernon and really the entire Sussex County area were my old stomping grounds before I found the track.

Killa- being from Vernon, you HAVE to know crazy Billy (great guy!!), he's as wired as they come and has owned just about every sport bike known to mankind, the man cannot keep a bike for more than 6 mos. :D

I've lived in NNJ most of my life, I've been to Action park maybe twice. The one memorable ride that I was there for before they shut it down was that loop to loop pipe where you had to weigh a minimum of like 125# to make it all the way through, had to have and keep your hands clasped behind your head with the elbows pointed at 12oclock otherwise you'd break your nose while going through the loop. I'd have to guess too many people were getting busted up cuz I don't think that ride stayed open for more than a week. :D

And the Alpine slide was bad ass but man, there were way too many people getting fvcked up coming down that thing, I can still remember watching all the orange anti-septic crap sprayed on the wounds thinking this place is fvcked up.

And let's not bring up all the 'weird NJ' artifacts on the way up to that place. :D