1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMRA Racer new to Florida

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by thisisrandy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. thisisrandy

thisisrandy CMRA RoadRacer 981

I raced CMRA and have recently moved to Clermont, FL (N.Orlando). I'm looking for local tracks that offer track days and what club or sanction would I race with if I wanted to start racing again? I understand that I have the choice to choose a club/sanction that races all over but what I'm looking for is a local race club that I could actually advance with without driving all over the country... CMRA has only a few tracks and those tracks have to be raced in order to achieve points and be successful... Mind you, there are only 4-6 tracks. WERA has tracks all over the country and it would be impossible for me to race every single race in WERA to accumulate points. Can someone please advise on how this works over here?

2. got40

got40 On hiatus...

CCS has FL on lock. you'll be racing Homestead, Palm Beach International Raceway, and Jennings, all of which are in FL. And 1nce a year to Roebling Road in Savannah, GA.

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

OR, as it is the wera board, maybe recommend the N.Florida region. A bit further to drive but way better tracks. Jennings, Road Atlanta, Barber, Roebling Road, and Talladega.
    Just the thought of going to PBIR gives me the shivers...:eek:

4. thisisrandy

If I were to choose to race this series, are the points based entirely off of the races in the N.Florida Region? If I participate in all races in the N FL Region and place first in all those races, will I be first in the N FL region WERA or will I not be because I didn't participate in all south eastern races??

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To give you an idea, when CMRA was a WERA affiliate, it was the South Central region (and this was before they ran at Hallett - it was Oak Hill and TWS mainly).

So basically what you're used to with CMRA is more like a single region within WERA, same idea on the points chases and so on. You can run multiple regions if you choose but you don't have to. Any event listed in multiple regions will get you points in those regions.

6. thisisrandy

Thank you for the clarification. So, if I race N FL region WERA that would accumulate points only for that division... Correct? Or is that division part of a larger (Southeast) division?

How's the competition in the N FL region?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you'd be going after just NF if that's what you choose to do. All of the NF race cross over to SE rounds so you'll get SE points but won't have to go to all of the further from you races. Granted, there's nothing to stop you from running any race weekend in any region if you feel like it.

8. thisisrandy

Thank you for you response. That cleared it up for me. Can you post a link for N FL WERA tracks and schedule? I've looked all over this site and can't find it. I looked a while back and landed on it but can't remember how to yet back to where I was. Thank you.

9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Here ya go:

http://maps.wera.com/schedule/thisseason.asp?<%=linkvars%>#nf

Don't do CCS.

The WERA North Florida guys are cool. Pretty close knit group. This year, several of us pooled the resources for some of the more distant races and southeast rounds.

Welcome to Florida. Wanna know what's cool about Florida? You can do trackdays all winter long. :up:

Your main go-to track will be Jennings. Jennings hosts at least two weekends each month. Other organizations will usually pick up the other two weekends. Check out the schedule at Jenningsgp.com. There will be several of the North Florida WERA lightweight guys there this weekend if you wanna come up. Me, CBRat (Ed Lato) and T11ravis (Travis Richards) will all be there and more I'm sure.

Florida Trackdays and Got Track host some days at PBIR and Homestead as well.

10. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Now I prefer WERA also, but I wouldn't necessarily say don't do CCS. CCS Florida is a good series, with some fast guys, and lots of nice folks as well. Yes, they have some azzholes, slow guys also, and some question certain ways it's run, but no ORG is perfect!

And JenningsGP is the best all around track IMHO. Can ride year round, and since they hold there own trackdays, you don't have to worry about trackday orgs, etc.

Now, if we can just get WERA & CCS to race there more often. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come one Jeff, I'm pretty easy going about that stuff but a link to their site on here? Not cool man...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW we would love to run Jennings more often but obviously not enough racers want to, we lose money every time we run that track.

13. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Sean, what are your thoughts on Jennings for the season opener vs Tally? Always seems a little warmer in Florida.....???

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Always lose money at Jennings vs always making money at Talladega. Also the Tally race is as much for the guys up North as the locals. There are a number who just like we did from CVG travel down every year, Jennings is quite a bit further.

15. SpeedyTide

Sorry 'bout that Sean. I was thinking about that afterward, and thought I'd just come back on to delete it if I could, but see it's been removed already.

My apologies!

Surprised when I logged in.... figured I'd be banned! :D I heart WERA.... fogive me?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  16. SpeedyTide

Seems like I read somewhere before, but don't recall..... how about making it double points maybe? :confused:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't matter enough, that only takes riders away from other events.

18. SpeedyTide

Oh! BTW... Dits made me do it! BAN HIM! :crackup:

19. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You're trying to convince someone that I made you put a a link that, I assume, had something to do with the Florida division of that other race organization? :Puke:

You're losing credibility fast Speedy. :D