1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMP weather

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Diesel, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

So far the forecast shows thunderstorms rolling in by Friday afternoon and scattered showers on Sat.

We need to keep the rain at bay so everyone try and bring either rain tires or wet riding gear or both. And by all means... DON'T WASH YOUR CAR OR BIKE!!!!

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

A have rains mounted on spare wheels already loaded in the van. Also, I always bring rain gear to ward off the rain devils.

3. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

rains on vintage bikes...we dont need no stinkin rains. i need that money for ben gay and ibuprofen

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

But soaked leathers really suck.

I never had any problems riding in the rain. I used to do some peg scraping through the Boston streets and freeways in the rain as a young tosser. However riding on a semi dry track at Putnam took me back to the days of riding in the snow... the track surface was that bad. Hopefully CMP has a better surface when wet.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

So I guess you guys would really bust my a$$ if I went out and bought tire warmers. :D

7. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I sorta hope we don't have to find out- there's lots of sealer, which usually means inconsistent levels of slipperiness.

Regarding Scott's choice of pain killers, I prefer Icy Hot. It's got more powerful heat, and the name isn't as, well, ... gay.

Confucius say, label wrong: Ben Straight- his brother we not too sure about. :D