1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMP v7 Blow Out!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rcmike917, Jul 25, 2005.

1. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say a HUGE congratulations to my pals Greg Johnson and Dennis Garber for their wins in V7. Greg ran the perfect race in hwv7 with a flag to flag victory. In the V7mw everyone stepped it up big time but Dennis made it look easy checking out on the second lap.

Great weekend,great racing and no one broke the v7 rule of no crashing.Cheers

:beer:

Mike

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

RCmike, where were all the fat guys on the HW machines. Looks like Garber is cherry picking again. Actually sounds like you guys had a pretty good turnout for V7. C'mon down to RRR I hear Doug and Chip are going to be there with possibly a guest appearance from Dale and Faber. :Poke:

Eboz

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Although I never felt like I git up to speed, I had a great time racing with everybody.

Now, is it wrong to be upset to lose a championship by 4 points in a region you don't run and never even considered having a shot at it? I mean, I skipped two rounds and still feel bad about it. It's ok though, Mike deserves it. He put the effort, and the broken parts, into it.

I knew Dennis would be mad and looking to make up for Road A. Good for him, and Greg has come a long way since March. He is riding great.

4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

quit whinning

YOU WOUOLD HAVE WENT ALOT FASTER IF YOU WOULDNT HAVE BEEN LOOKING BEHIND YOU FOR THE FIRST 3 LAPS

5. gregcbr

gregcbr Well-Known Member

thanks everyone for another great weekend of racing, i have
    had such a ball this year racing with and getting to know
    you guys. congrats Dennis for your v7mw win ( man you were gone!). Mike as always thanks for all your help. hope to see
    you all soon
    greg

6. stickboy274

I was only looking back in between looking at my temp gauge hitting 215f.

Sorry your pasta got over cooked. You did put on a good gathering Friday night, I can still taste the margerita's, and the melon was good Sat.

Get your recipe sorted and we'll see you out there again soon. I think Road A has golf carts.

:D

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Regions

Yeah, it must really SUCK to be a multi region Champion without even really trying.... :Poke:
    OK, get this guy a YZF-600, some blue & yellow leathers (and a white lab coat), & change his # to 46! (two digits!)

It's the end of the world, really! Green wins WERA & takes 1-2-3
    in AMA SuperSport- with a broken hand! No F-ing S^%T !!!!!!!!

8. stickboy274

Skwid, you don't want me to bring the YZF. I have a '95 sitting here. It has more done to it than the F3. I just haven't started it in a couple of years. Last time I rode it I beat up on some R6 at CMP. The guy claimed it was fast down the straight.

Come to think of it, it has better brakes than the F3, better forks, cheter carbs............I may need to bring that out some day. Right now, it's just a back up bike.

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Big time at Carolina

I had a blast, way better than Road Atlanta. I wasn't mad Stick, just frustrated..........I bought these premo tires at Road Atlanta and only got 2 laps on them!

Congratulations to Mike for winning both his championship, green bike champ.

Stickboy you already have a lock on a regional championship, more than one is just not right. Congratulations, as always your a blast to ride with.

Hat's off to Greg.........man, I put a clock on you in the MW solo on Saturday and said to my wife..........gotta let that guy go, looks like we are racing for second. I was looking back for that white helmet on every lap........I knew you were closing. Good to meet you finally.

Aaron sorry about the close call in V7HW in Turn 8. I hit a false neutral on the down shift and blew the corner. I went off in front of you, I am sure it was an ugly thing. Both you and Stick were having a big time...... fun to watch.

10. stickboy274

Two is always better than one, unless it's something bad.

I'm glad CMP was better for you than Road A. You didn't get the results you deserved there. I expected a tooth and nail fight to the end.

Now if I can just get my head together and ride like I can. I have been disappointed in my last two weekends.

11. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

See you at the next one.....save a set of magic tires for me.

:up:

12. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Big time at Carolina

No problem, I saw you coming hard on the inside...way inside. I was wondering how you were gonna make that stick. Nice job keeping her on 2 wheels. I wish I would have had my regular bike for the heavy wieght race but its time for a new engine anyway....

Aaron

13. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Hmm

Hey can I come back and play now Stick??I could run blocker for somebody.............or not.

Congrats to the winners.Sounds like everybody had a large time.

Stick here's a little secret for you.Drink a 12pk. of water 30min. before your race.Once you get to the line all you'll be able to think is,gotta go,gotta go,gotta go,gotta go.That should help...

Rock-on my Spinach 7 bretheren!!:beer:

14. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Attention: Melch breaks silence and offers himself as a blocker to the highest bidder. Dammit Boy you better not be trying to undercut my prices.
    Eboz
    "The Wall"

15. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Blocker?! Where has that #1 rabbit been?

16. stickboy274

Dammit Melch, where were you last weekend. I don't have money, but I have tires to offer. I needed someone to finish between me and Mike for me to win it. Some team mate you are :Poke:

So 12 pk of water is the key? Not the keg and a half the night before?

17. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Have that cold drink ready at RRR Dennis............:Poke:

Kenny

18. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Why?

You gonna show up? Or are you still working on your bike? Bring that Dyno sheet.........and fire that mechanic!

:up:

19. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Yeah Dennis,the plan is to be there ,bike is done for now.

Well,get that cold one ready........got 2 dyno runs under 90 hp.That mean I get two drinks? :Poke:

See y'all there :beer:

Kenny