1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMP Trackdays

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by stickboy274, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Hey Snow, just curious, what kind of racing is going on this Sat.?

I was REALLY wanting to get up there, i loved that place, and since its been 5 years since i'd ridden, was really looking forward to it (im sure i'll be up there sometime soon).

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Todd, not sure who is racing but I will get up with Sylvia to find out. Yes please make some plans to come ride with us sometime, we always have a good time.

3. 82Airborne

82Airborne Well-Known Member

Stick... You rent leathers?

4. sreavis

sreavis Well-Known Member

CMP 2011

Stickboy, any insight why there is no CMP on the 2011 schedule?

5. 82Airborne

No, need a few things to make me comfortable to run on the track. But I'm itching to get it back out on the track. There s a bolt on the motor that need to be taped and need to drop the motor to get to it. You gonna make it?

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

DONNIE/BOBBY ALLISON- NASCAR will be having a young future racer race day at CMP on sat. Dec. These youngsters will be racing each other, practicing, and having some class time. From what I hear there fun to watch, they all go down into turn 1 3 deep. Sweet.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Guys I just heard that the turn1 website is having some issues. If you need to sign up go to the CMP website and use the link to get to the trun1 registration forms. Thanks. Again Ohlins USA will be there to set up suspension and will do a little riding with us. Weather is still looking good, a little cool but good. Here is the link to CMP http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  8. 82Airborne

I just had huff freshen the forks up, so I'll be using Ohlins. Can't wait!! Hey Tim... do you guys rent out Suits?

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I'm glad your coming! we don't rent suits, but what size suit do you wear, I have a extra USA size 42 alpinestars that I might be able to bring.

10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Brrrrr.... this outta be fun. I'm still coming though and bringing a friend. I get the feeling we're going to have a fairly open track tomorrow. :D

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I agree track should be open, prob. cool in the morning but afternoon won't be to bad.

12. 82Airborne

It's not for me. For a buddy of mine. Not sure if he's gonna make it. I should still be there.

13. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Did somebody say SNOW?????

14. 82Airborne

I don't know man, there talking high 48...

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Alright, I made it back to my own state. I'll be heading out there after getting some stuff done around here.

See you out there.

16. 82Airborne

well I bitched out guys, to damn cold. How was it?

17. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

When's the next one????

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have bitched out... it was fine. It wasn't exactly warm, but with cheap wal-mart brand "under armor cold gear" I wasn't shivering or anything. Plus, at the MOST, there was 5 bikes on track. Pretty nice to have an entire track to yourself. :)

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It was cold in the morning, but got better. I was fine riding the bike, and the karts. Thanks to Ohlins for coming out and getting everybody's bikes set up much better.

Thank you all for coming out this year. I hope we ran some good trackdays for you all. I talked to one of the managers. They have been very happy with our little group.

I want to personally thank all of the control riders for all of thier help this year. I had a bunch of weekends where I had to be at races and they kept things going smoothly for me. You all stepped up and did a great job on the track, and on here.

Now, who's looking forward to next year?

20. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

Woo woo me!