1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMP this year, what about next year?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Sep 28, 2015.

1. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

OK fellow racers, turn out at this past round was absolutely abysmal!
    I think there were more Vintage guys at Road A than modern guys at CMP.
    It was a DH, no Sat Vintage, but what about running DSB or Clubman, like I did?

Here's the question: if next year's CMP was a regular Sportsman weekend, not a DH, would you come out?
    It's a great track, power everywhere, gates open all night, what's not to like?

Too soon right after Road A?
    Not enough hotels or restaurants in Kershaw for ya?

I like it being on the schedule again, & I worry it will be dropped due to poor turn-out.

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Hopefully CMP can find a place on the schedule that will bring out a bigger crowd. I haven't had a track close to home since we lost Rockingham; I'd hate to loose another close track (even though I only make one race a year).

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Late in the season and a bad forecast probably killed allot of would be entrants.

4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Good point, Joe. Unless you needed extra points or love racing in the rain, i'm sure it wasn't on the top of most people's lists. Will be intersting to see who turns up for Tally this weekend, given similar circumstances.

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I've always liked Kershaw. :rock:

If Vintage ran there, I'd probably go....even if I didn't have a bike to race.....I'd mix it in with a trip to Charlotte to see my folks.

6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

:stupid: I would attend if Vintage ran there.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

While I will run those classes on occasion to fill out a weekend I don't see making a trip to do two days of that.

Absolutely.

8. CharlieY

Hey Kurt.....I still remember that newspaper article in Charlotte with a pic of good ol Kesler on the front page racing WERA at Kershaw baby!

That's when I knew you were famous.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Woo hoo.

[​IMG]

10. CharlieY

Sweet! :up:

My mom saw it and asked me about it....she wound up mailing it to me.

Crimmeny.....when was that?....2011 or so?...holy crap, thinking about it, 2009?:wow:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It has been a while, look how short my daughter is.

Found the original.

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=222161

[​IMG]

12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I had fun.... I dusted off the old R6 and gridded up in Senior Superbike. The only reason I did not grid up in V8 was the class is combined with lots of other classes and I honestly wanted to minimize getting taken out by racers. I figured Senior Superbike was my safest bet.

13. CharlieY

HOLY crap...it was 2009.:wow: ....where TF does the time go?

That was a great day!...I was chasing Stephen xxx (cant remember) for the 500GP title, and wound up winning both races that day, even with a crash in practice IIRC :up:

I always liked CMP.

14. yamageezer

Yeah, I'd stay out of V8MW if I were you.......please! ;)

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Upside for Talladega is a great forecast so far. Weather looks gorgeous.

16. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Ha ha. Will do. Too much going on at work to have a sore shoulder or broken collar bone. Now after a few of the projects are done..... :up:

17. yamageezer

Crap. :(

18. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

I will sum it up on my account. I won't go back until they surface the whole track. It shreds tires with very little grip. When I worked for Michelin, we scheduled a test with ALMS team and I told them then that the track was in poor shape. They wanted to go anyway, so 20 crew members 3 tractor trailers and many hotel rooms later. They made a total of 10 laps and called it a wrap! Also it was tight between Rd Atlanta and the GNF. But even if it wouldn't have been tight, I don't know if I would have went until they repave. That is only my opinion.

19. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Love that place!! Went and raced for "fun" in clubman last year on my 40 yr old vintage bike. (won it...) Just didn't have the time this year. Dropping V from Road A and adding it to cmp would make great sense for next year! I'd be there for sure! While you're at it: Bring Vintage back to VIR. :beer:

20. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

This. :stupid: